Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby palmerit » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

afoulger wrote:I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?

I went through the entire app. I created a bug report for each screen that scrolling didn't work. As of now, all of those bugs are marked as fixed in the next beta.

As soon as I get the beta, I will confirm. But it sounds like the next release will make a few appradio guys happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998
palmerit
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby purringpumas » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:57 am

my iphone 5 no longer connects to my app radio with waze. what's going on? has support been dropped for the app radio?

using iphone 5 to connect to pioneer 940bt with apple 30 pin to lightning adapter
purringpumas

Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Postby ranrinc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm

I experience problem with WAZE will not allow me to edit or post any comment when it running on AppRadio for my Pioneer head units. Previous version have no problem, however the latest version doesn't allow me to type anything even if I try to type from my iPhone 4S.

MyWaze also doesn't want to be swipe on Pioneer touch screen which is troublesome when I'm planning to change the MOOD.

I hope WAZE team can fixed this problem. Otherwise the latest WAZE was AWESOME :lol:
ranrinc

Postby ranrinc » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 am

After upgrading to the latest beta iOS the off center problem appear again.. Anyone know how to fixed this problem?
ranrinc

Postby robin1979 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:32 pm

jdensmor wrote:If this is an issue with Waze it'd been fixed already is my guess.

It is an issue with Waze, and has been fixed in the 3.6 beta.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)keyboard

Postby sgoodwin1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:28 am

the waze onscreen keyboard does not work on the radio or iphone 4s when connected to appradio it wont allow you to input to navigate please fix. also can we get some ipod controls?
sgoodwin1

Postby stephenstrath » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 am

I am having the exact same issue with inputing text. The keyboard on the deck or on my phone wont input text. Love the app guys but would love it even better if I could use it with my App Radio :P
stephenstrath

Postby stephenstrath » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:33 am

I really hope this issue can be resolved. I love waze and thats why I bought the Pioneer, so I could use it as my Navigation. But I am really bummed out the keyboard wont input
stephenstrath

Postby stephenstrath » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:39 am

Really hope this gets resolved ASAP. I mean you buy a product that says it works with waze.. and at the moment waze in the car is useless to me. Had to start using a different Navigation app, I hope the developers fix the keyboard issue so I can start using waze again.
stephenstrath

Pioneer Appradio keyboard

Postby stephenstrath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Still waiting for a fix for the keyboard in pioneer appradio. Both the keyboard on the phone or on the unit refuse to input text into any text fields. Not sure what the hold up is, but I'm loosing patients with waze. I have already contacted pioneer to let them know advertising that waze is compatible with it's product is false advertising and as it stands waze is useless to me until waze developers fix this problem. I understand this is a free program, but since your free gps program doesn't work I've had to purchase an alternative. I find the support from waze the worst I have come across. I love the program and its great features but to take over a month to fix a critical issue such as useability is vital. I hope waze can get it together. As there are several threads open talking about this problem and what I find is no developer or admin ever acknowledges they have received the users feedback and are working on a fix for us. I hope I can soon return to waze, as I do love the program but its useless until the keyboard issue is addressed.
stephenstrath

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App