Mentoring Mega Map Raid in India!

Post by moweez
We have good news and didn't even share it here yet:

There is a “MapRaid” coming to India. A MapRaid is a time limited, joint effort of a community, to share knowledge and improve the condition of the map. Veteran editors mentor new editors, and together they improve the map in the raid area.

viewtopic.php?f=1392&t=186838

Join the raid, meet your co-editors, learn from mentors, improve the map and let's build this community further!

Have fun!
Mo
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

POSTER_ID:4565555

Send a message

Post by BumbleBee222
Congrats everyone,
It was a great mapraid, statistics are impressive but probably well underestimated. I doubt that ONLY 1390 UR were solved ;) (total of the 25 top first).
BumbleBee222
300K edits
300K  edits
Send a message

Post by DidierLmn
Congrats everyone, you did all a great job :D

It is great to see there has been so much activity, and we're very happy happy to see some of you have decided to apply for Area Management. We're currently in the proces of handling these.

I do see some people added quite a lot of speed limits, this was NOT a raid goal, as there were no resources available to add correct speed limits. So unfortunately these speed limits won't always be correct, and I feel the speed limits should not have been taken into consideration for these statistics.
DidierLmn
Send a message

Post by kahlcolimon
fabulous. Thank you for allowing me to collaborate.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
kahlcolimon
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Kahl Colimon
Waze Colombia Coordinator/Waze Global Champ
Country Manager/First Responder Member
App Beta Leader/WME Beta Tester

https://s.waze.tools/gc.png

Post by Marcin_S
The raid was finished on last Sunday (June 5th).
It was really the great to work with Wazers from all over the world trying to bring their best efforts to improve the Waze map in India.
The picture was taken with Raid members:
memmr_india small.jpg
(161.01 KiB) Downloaded 970 times
Marcin_S
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by moweez
And the HOF:
India MeMMR HOF.png
(61.09 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
Great work guys and gals! Connectivity doesn't say much about this raid. We were facing big problems due to the smudged city problems and the many unnamed roads. The map is looking much better already, and we already receive positive reactions from Wazers on improved driving experience in the raid areas! That is what count the most!

Thank you so much!

My gratitude goes to the team that made this possible:

*The hosts, for the courage to step into this adventure and the openness to work with each other. Special thanks goes to Marcin_S, who provided moral support and kept me going when there where unexpected, yet big challenges
*the admin team who kept Slack running smoothly: Wimvandierendonck, Juanchomart & Johnsninja
*The teachers team, with special thanks to Machete and Voludu
*The mentors and groupleaders, who did all such a great job and helped many others, as well as each other. With a special thanks to ci2212 for creating an Indonesia team especially for this raid
*edulg, for providing the segment browser
*many others providing support when and wherever needed, you know I mean you!

Namaste!

Mo
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
DidierLmn wrote: I do see some people added quite a lot of speed limits, this was NOT a raid goal, as there were no resources available to add correct speed limits. So unfortunately these speed limits won't always be correct, and I feel the speed limits should not have been taken into consideration for these statistics.
You are right. That makes a new first place too! Congrats to DL4994! And to lunarplexus, who besides being one of the hosts, could make it into top 3!

We have asked Waze to update the HOF accordingly.
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by moweez
BumbleBee222 wrote:Congrats everyone,
It was a great mapraid, statistics are impressive but probably well underestimated. I doubt that ONLY 1390 UR were solved ;) (total of the 25 top first).
I agree with you Bumblebee.

HOF is not really informative, nor indicative. It can only say how many URs where clicked "Solved" or "Not Identified". It doesn't say anything about the work that has been done to handle it. And I think you should be number one for working on URs!
thanks!
moweez
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by Mvzj
Congrats to all that participate of this raid
Mvzj
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by photo360
moweez wrote:
DidierLmn wrote: I do see some people added quite a lot of speed limits, this was NOT a raid goal, as there were no resources available to add correct speed limits. So unfortunately these speed limits won't always be correct, and I feel the speed limits should not have been taken into consideration for these statistics.
You are right. That makes a new first place too! Congrats to DL4994! And to lunarplexus, who besides being one of the hosts, could make it into top 3!

We have asked Waze to update the HOF accordingly.
I'm not supposed to, my fault, so sorry. I want HOF update too to dispel doubts :) .
Thanks for all the experience and joy. Congrats to all of us
Thank you hosts :D
photo360
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message