MUMBAI Wazers?

Moderators: Unholy, cherianchris, stefaanschroeyers

Re: MUMBAI Wazers?

Postby sk2380 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi mumbaikars,
I wish to suggest like if we change the Vashi and adjoining area as NAVI MUMBAI instead of Mumbai Sub-urban area while mentioning in each POI and Road segments and wherever we can. Logically Vashi and its Adjoining area are comes under Navi Mumbai jurisdiction.

Any suggestions further on this.

Calling all Mumbaikars to join in.

Regards,
Sk...
sk2380
CM India

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sk2380

Postby Parithosh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:17 am

sk2380 wrote:Hi mumbaikars,
I wish to suggest like if we change the Vashi and adjoining area as NAVI MUMBAI instead of Mumbai Sub-urban area while mentioning in each POI and Road segments and wherever we can. Logically Vashi and its Adjoining area are comes under Navi Mumbai jurisdiction.

Regards,
Sk...

Hey Sk, naming cities is not a priority right now, although it would be advisable to do it along with proper road classification, which needs to be done on an urgent basis. Many segments are incorrectly set as Freeways, Major Highways & Primary streets, which need sorting. And many Primary streets are set as Normal streets, which needs to be changed as well.

So yeah, naming cities correctly is important but we've got more important tasks to finish off first.

Regards.
Area Manager - Mumbai, India.

Parithosh

Postby sk2380 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:00 am

Parithosh wrote:

Regards,
Sk...

Hey Sk, naming cities is not a priority right now, although it would be advisable to do it along with proper road classification, which needs to be done on an urgent basis. Many segments are incorrectly set as Freeways, Major Highways & Primary streets, which need sorting. And many Primary streets are set as Normal streets, which needs to be changed as well.

So yeah, naming cities correctly is important but we've got more important tasks to finish off first.

Regards.

Hi paritosh,

Thanks for the reply.

Ya that's true what you mentioned.
But I think while doing the priority changes in map we should keep in mind about the changing the city name to Navi Mumbai while editing a road segment or POI.
Whenever the next city layer tiles gets updated our edits will be reflected on the client. ( if I am not wrong)

Regards
sk2380
CM India

sk2380

Postby sk2380 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:01 am

Hey chris
what's you call on this?
sk2380
CM India

sk2380

Postby Parithosh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:38 am

Agreed, that's why I said it would be advisable to do it along with proper road classification

:)
Area Manager - Mumbai, India.

Parithosh

Postby cherianchris » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 am

Regards,
Sk...

+1

Chris
Image Image
cherianchris
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Previous

Return to India