Post by vcoolvin
pmnarsapur wrote:Hi All,

I am Puneet Narsapur, and I joined Waze around a year ago.
I absolutely love this app.

Glad to finally be a member of Waze India community.
I thank all the members of this community which is filled with Waze champs, and am really looking forward to contribute and be among the team.

Regards,
Puneet

Yeaahhhh Cheers buddy.... welcome aboard.... This is really great, number of wazers are increasing in india and also on the forum.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
violetprime wrote:Hi Chris/Lunarplexus
I have a query regarding alignment of segments according to the roads. My query is that the roads i see in Rohini, Pitampura, NSP & adjoining areas in Delhi are not aligned as they should be. For instance the segments we create over the roads to map them are not actually over the roads. Either sometimes they are going over the houses or over some buildings. I have been doing alignment of these segments according to the roads for the past two weeks & have also done many Sectors in Rohini. But after seeing every adjoining area to my neighborhood in that condition raises my doubt that if it is normal or is it to be corrected ?
Hi Tushar,

I hope i got your name right ??? anyways regarding the alignment of segments even i have seen that in the begining and i too started aligning them. The best thing would be to switch on the GPS layer and check it if its in the given range because if you align now and if there is Bing map layer update then you may again see a misalignment. So a little misalignment within the range of GPS plottings is fine according to me. Lets wait for our CM, Mr. Chris to put forth his views.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
violetprime wrote:
Ya man, you got my name right, thanks 4 replying, i switched on the GPS layer as you suggested during editing. but what about the streets which have no layer data. Here's the thing i was talking about. The area is Pitampura in Delhi & you can clearly see segments going over houses...

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

Aaahhh for that you can read the post by Chris he has given a solution for the same.... You for the places where the GPS layer is not available you will have to align it. Hope we have more wazers and drives so that we get enough GPS data in the database.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
Hi guys,

I am really sorry for the delay have been pretty busy with my life at the moment so waze has taken a backseat fora while. regarding the issue that Sunil is facing, well i cant recall the thread but i had read that during development in one of the version waze had built this feature in the app where if the user is working on some other app or has switched off the screen then the app will work for some defined time and after that it will close itself. I looked for the thread but i cant find it now.

I am sure its because of this that the app closes. If i come across anything which will help in not closing the app when the creen is closed then i will definitely let you guys know.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by world_slou9gd5
Hi, I am Karthik from Bangalore and joined Waze recently. Looking forward to using Waze as i find this better than other Maps. For some local area improvements I am also looking to make some edits but not yet finding the authorization.
world_slou9gd5
Send a message