Post by sunil_harris
cherianchris wrote:Have you tried installing Android Task Killer, and adding Waze to its ignore list ? You could give it a shot..

Chris
Uninstalled same issue
sunil_harris
Send a message

Post by sunil_harris
any suggestions?
sunil_harris
Send a message

Post by talalmnsr
Hi everyone. My name is Talal Mansoor Anwar. Just joined Waze from Delhi yesterday. The major USP of this app that made me running towards it was that one could schedule his/her ride according to the time of an event. This finally made me reach office on time :D .
talalmnsr
Send a message

Post by thahakmms
from Kerala, created lot of Places & Roads, Suggest a level 2 admin to accept the edits
thahakmms
Send a message

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thahakmms
L2 Map Editor - Kerala & Tamil Nadu
Area Manager - Kerala
India

Post by tushki_s
Hi,
Just joined Waze a month ago, was using Google Maps before that but when i started using Waze, i stopped using Google cuz its just like any other Navigation App but Waze is truly awesome. I have been editing Maps daily for about 10 days now, wish i could have known about it earlier. But i really want my area of editing to be increased because i know my neighborhood very well & 1 mile doesn't seem enough. I believe in quality editing no matter how much time i take to get it perfect. I hope i'll reach next level soon & we guys really need to spread the word like promoting in schools & colleges, i think people will find it fun once they get to know it...
tushki_s
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
AM - Delhi NCR
Iphone 5/OS 6.1.2/Waze 3.6.0.0

Post by tushki_s
Hi Chris/Lunarplexus
I have a query regarding alignment of segments according to the roads. My query is that the roads i see in Rohini, Pitampura, NSP & adjoining areas in Delhi are not aligned as they should be. For instance the segments we create over the roads to map them are not actually over the roads. Either sometimes they are going over the houses or over some buildings. I have been doing alignment of these segments according to the roads for the past two weeks & have also done many Sectors in Rohini. But after seeing every adjoining area to my neighborhood in that condition raises my doubt that if it is normal or is it to be corrected ?
tushki_s
Send a message
AM - Delhi NCR

Post by tushki_s
vcoolvin wrote:
violetprime wrote:Hi Chris/Lunarplexus
I have a query regarding alignment of segments according to the roads. My query is that the roads i see in Rohini, Pitampura, NSP & adjoining areas in Delhi are not aligned as they should be. For instance the segments we create over the roads to map them are not actually over the roads. Either sometimes they are going over the houses or over some buildings. I have been doing alignment of these segments according to the roads for the past two weeks & have also done many Sectors in Rohini. But after seeing every adjoining area to my neighborhood in that condition raises my doubt that if it is normal or is it to be corrected ?
Hi Tushar,

I hope i got your name right ??? anyways regarding the alignment of segments even i have seen that in the begining and i too started aligning them. The best thing would be to switch on the GPS layer and check it if its in the given range because if you align now and if there is Bing map layer update then you may again see a misalignment. So a little misalignment within the range of GPS plottings is fine according to me. Lets wait for our CM, Mr. Chris to put forth his views.
Ya man, you got my name right, thanks 4 replying, i switched on the GPS layer as you suggested during editing. but what about the streets which have no layer data. Here's the thing i was talking about. The area is Pitampura in Delhi & you can clearly see segments going over houses...

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTFTTTTFT
tushki_s
Send a message
AM - Delhi NCR

Post by tushki_s
Thanks Chris & vcoolvin for helping me out. I really wish more wazers come up in Delhi, so that together we can make Waze more better for users...
tushki_s
Send a message
AM - Delhi NCR

Post by vcoolvin
abelcheriyan wrote:Happy to contribute to Waze. :)

More people more fun and more accurate the waze will be. :) happy wazing.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
cherianchris wrote:The Waze India/Worldwide Community would like to welcome you, into the fold.
I request all New Indian Wazers to make a post, that we may know and welcome you. :)

Please do take the time to go through the Forum, as 95% of all known issues and their fixes are mentioned here.

Hey Chris good to have this topic for all India wazer, by the way last night i sent you a beep beep and a message not sure if you got it. Paritosh sent me a test message but then i came to know he is using the Google play version, will test with him again after he installs the beta version.
vcoolvin
Send a message