New Indian Wazers Welcome Board

Moderators: Unholy, cherianchris

Re: New Indian Wazers Welcome Board

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:34 am

geetanjali99 wrote:
Hi vcoolvin,

Thanks for the concern and the links ( I feel like I read a novel!! :) :) )

Ya I know a long post, but needed for as much information u can and other new wazers can get.

When i m reading Waze wiki n forum feels like I am a research student need to read an understand a lot ! If I go on reading like this when am I going out driving.... ,! :( :lol:

All this reading is for WME, when you edit the roads correctly then you can have a smooth ride, and if it isnt then you will end up getting incorrect directions and you will curse waze. So the more you read, better you will understand wazes concept.

Does anybody wants to share their secrets with me abt how you guys gain so many points in a week.! :lol: ( please feel free to PM me!!! )

Today I tried some hand on editing but no success feels like everything is in place !

Thanks.

Ahhhh... The same question i had when i had joined. Trust me Geetanjali there is no secret. Even i use to think how people get so many points and are always on the top. Well i use to be in 100s too but as and when you keep practicing WME your score will go on higher. Once you get the hang of it your editing speed will increase and this will reflect in your points.

You said everything in place, so that must be in the area where you are and some AM must have already corrected anything wrong there. The people who get so many points i guess have traveled a lot and so have i and that's why know a wide area of road network. In my area there is lot of incorrect info and that needs to be corrected. One guy had taken the initiative but then i guess he doesn't live in the town anymore and so now i have taken up the responsibility. So... i guess you too will have to travel to know your roads ;) :)

Take Care and Happy Wazing
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 am

geetanjali99 wrote:
Vcoolvin,

Just forgot mentioned nice username.

Secondly Why "Women" are in brackets ! :lol:

Hahaha, Thank you, there is a story behind this username and it was born of frustration.

hmm... why in brackets .... well you will come to know... let the time go by and you will understand it by yourself :)
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:21 am

saurigr8 wrote:Hello Friends,

This is sauri from mumbai wazing in india from last one year my base is in mumbai, Nice to see a dedicated forum for indian wazers....

Where have you been for the past 1 year :o ;)
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:13 am

SKV87 wrote:I'm confused with the forum. Old User from Kerala. :)

Avery warm welcome to SKV87, yes it will be a bit confusing at first but stick around and you will start to understand things. Good to see a new user around :)
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

Its really good to see more number of wazers visiting the forum... Slowly but steadily the number is growing and thats a good news :)
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

pmnarsapur wrote:Hi All,

I am Puneet Narsapur, and I joined Waze around a year ago.
I absolutely love this app.

Glad to finally be a member of Waze India community.
I thank all the members of this community which is filled with Waze champs, and am really looking forward to contribute and be among the team.

Regards,
Puneet

Yeaahhhh Cheers buddy.... welcome aboard.... This is really great, number of wazers are increasing in india and also on the forum.
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm

violetprime wrote:Hi Chris/Lunarplexus
I have a query regarding alignment of segments according to the roads. My query is that the roads i see in Rohini, Pitampura, NSP & adjoining areas in Delhi are not aligned as they should be. For instance the segments we create over the roads to map them are not actually over the roads. Either sometimes they are going over the houses or over some buildings. I have been doing alignment of these segments according to the roads for the past two weeks & have also done many Sectors in Rohini. But after seeing every adjoining area to my neighborhood in that condition raises my doubt that if it is normal or is it to be corrected ?

Hi Tushar,

I hope i got your name right ??? anyways regarding the alignment of segments even i have seen that in the begining and i too started aligning them. The best thing would be to switch on the GPS layer and check it if its in the given range because if you align now and if there is Bing map layer update then you may again see a misalignment. So a little misalignment within the range of GPS plottings is fine according to me. Lets wait for our CM, Mr. Chris to put forth his views.
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:25 pm

violetprime wrote:
Ya man, you got my name right, thanks 4 replying, i switched on the GPS layer as you suggested during editing. but what about the streets which have no layer data. Here's the thing i was talking about. The area is Pitampura in Delhi & you can clearly see segments going over houses...

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

Aaahhh for that you can read the post by Chris he has given a solution for the same.... You for the places where the GPS layer is not available you will have to align it. Hope we have more wazers and drives so that we get enough GPS data in the database.
vcoolvin

Postby vcoolvin » Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 am

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for the delay have been pretty busy with my life at the moment so waze has taken a backseat fora while. regarding the issue that Sunil is facing, well i cant recall the thread but i had read that during development in one of the version waze had built this feature in the app where if the user is working on some other app or has switched off the screen then the app will work for some defined time and after that it will close itself. I looked for the thread but i cant find it now.

I am sure its because of this that the app closes. If i come across anything which will help in not closing the app when the creen is closed then i will definitely let you guys know.
vcoolvin

Postby violetprime » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi,
Just joined Waze a month ago, was using Google Maps before that but when i started using Waze, i stopped using Google cuz its just like any other Navigation App but Waze is truly awesome. I have been editing Maps daily for about 10 days now, wish i could have known about it earlier. But i really want my area of editing to be increased because i know my neighborhood very well & 1 mile doesn't seem enough. I believe in quality editing no matter how much time i take to get it perfect. I hope i'll reach next level soon & we guys really need to spread the word like promoting in schools & colleges, i think people will find it fun once they get to know it...
AM - Delhi NCR
Iphone 5/OS 6.1.2/Waze 3.6.0.0
violetprime

PreviousNext

Return to India