[Naming] Expressways

Post by vcoolvin
Hi Guys,

Just wanted a discussion regarding the naming of Expressways so that we all are on the same line. For example the Mumbai Pune Expressway is marked as Yashwant Rao Chavan, To be frank i didnt even know it was called so as it has always been refered as Mumbai Pune Expressway. So i think it should be renamed as Mumbai - Pune (NE - 1). What do you guys think.

Its better to have a discussion and then change because someone has worked hard on it before me as well and he should feel bad that someone else just changed it. Its just that we all editors need to be on the same page so that all the roads, highways and expressways use a standard format of naming.

Regards

vcoolvin
vcoolvin

POSTER_ID:8792176

Send a message

Post by cherianchris
vcoolvin wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wanted a discussion regarding the naming of Expressways so that we all are on the same line. For example the Mumbai Pune Expressway is marked as Yashwant Rao Chavan, To be frank i didnt even know it was called so as it has always been refered as Mumbai Pune Expressway. So i think it should be renamed as Mumbai - Pune (NE - 1). What do you guys think.

Its better to have a discussion and then change because someone has worked hard on it before me as well and he should feel bad that someone else just changed it. Its just that we all editors need to be on the same page so that all the roads, highways and expressways use a standard format of naming.

Regards

vcoolvin
Nice initiative..

Chris -> MB526
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by lunarplexus
I have the same problem here, bro. And different parts of highways and expressways are named differently. I think for now we can keep the original name but make sure we put in the expressway or highway name in brackets after the name like (NH-8) etc.
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14

Post by pmnarsapur
Hi Guys,

Did some research and I was not able to find much links on the current naming of National Expressways as NE.

I got only two notations as far, where NE-1 is for Ahmedabad Vadodara Expressway and NE-2 is for Eastern Peripheral Expressway or KGP (Sonipat(kundli)-Ghaziabad-Palwal) which is still a proposal.
http://morth.nic.in/writereaddata/notic ... 269686.pdf Section 1.2

It seems that there is a project going on to get these roads developed and named sometime soon.
Since the National Expressway notations are not yet provided, I suggest we go with vcoolvin's proposal of naming the National Expressway names but just skip out the NE- part.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Exp ... xpressways
With reference to the above link in Wikipedia, we can set the expressways with the names provided here. And once the project is complete by NHAI, we can then assign the notations.

What do you guys say?

Regards,
Puneet
pmnarsapur
Send a message