Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

[Naming] Exit from Highways

Post by vcoolvin
Hi once again guys,

I have seen some places where an exit from the highway is named as "To NH-34 East Belgharia/Barasat" or To NH-6 West Kolaghat/Kharagpur/Mumbai, now these may look helpful but in client they become too much to read on a highway when driving so fast. Instead we can use "Exit Belgharia", "Entry NH - 6". What do you guys think about that. In Mumbai pune expressway i remember seeing one exit like the way i am suggesting "Exit Penn" so simple and easy to understand.

Regards

vcoolvin
vcoolvin

POSTER_ID:8792176

Send a message

Post by cherianchris
vcoolvin wrote:Hi once again guys,

I have seen some places where an exit from the highway is named as "To NH-34 East Belgharia/Barasat" or To NH-6 West Kolaghat/Kharagpur/Mumbai, now these may look helpful but in client they become too much to read on a highway when driving so fast. Instead we can use "Exit Belgharia", "Entry NH - 6". What do you guys think about that. In Mumbai pune expressway i remember seeing one exit like the way i am suggesting "Exit Penn" so simple and easy to understand.

Regards

vcoolvin
Needs Not be standardised..

Chris -> MB526
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by lunarplexus
I agree with your suggestion. I do the same thing. I don't think we should abbreviate it too much but a short, easy to understand entry/exit name should be given for sure very much like you said. I just put a : after Exit or Entry though just for grammar. :)
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14