An Area Manager (AM) is a Waze community member (a user) who takes an active and proactive role in maintaining specific areas of the Waze map. An Area Manager has a defined area to manage, which is different than being able to edit only within a certain distance of where you have driven. AM areas are geographically-defined locations which do not expire automatically after 90 days. How deeply involved and how much time an Area Manager spends maintaining the Waze map varies greatly.
Prospective Area Managers should already...
- ...have at least a few months of experience editing the Waze maps regularly.
...have read and followed the guidelines for mapping found in the wiki, starting at the Waze Map Editing page.
...have completed at least 5000 quality edits.
...have a real Waze username which does not start with world_.
...have their city, country in their forum profile.
...have forum PMs enabled and associated with a valid and verifiable email address.
...be active in the Waze forums, asking questions, and even providing guidance for newer editors, if possible.
...know who their regional manager is.
Duties of an Area Manager include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Seek to continuously improve the maps for navigation, i.e. naming un-named roads and properly setting allowed/restricted turns based on guidelines found in the wiki, such as Best Map Editing Practice.
- Make changes to the map when road geometry needs to be changed, or roads added or removed from the map.
- Edit road construction areas, especially for closures, so that users are not routed into those areas.
- Respond to and act on Update Requests from Waze drivers.
- Maintain speed and red-light cameras, processing reports of devices from Waze drivers.
- Process and resolve Map Errors or Problems as shown on that layer in the Waze Map Editor.
- Act as a mentor to other editors, offering advice in the forums and when you see improper edits on the map.
If you would like to become a India Area Manager, or expand your existing area, please complete the Application for India Area Manager.
-Please make sure that your AM Application is accompanied with, a Screenshot of your Dashboard, which needs to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Failure to include a Permalink, in the AM Application Form will result in your AM application being labelled as incomplete. Please include a Permalink to get your requests reviewed efficiently.