Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Ahmedabad wazers

Post by alurysharad
Please introduce yourself and how we can improve waze experience in ahmedabad.
alurysharad

POSTER_ID:1491734

Send a message

Post by alurysharad
ok.
trying it but it is not updating as fast as i would like. is pune or anyother city in india mapped ?
alurysharad
Send a message

Post by rahulmaindargi
alurysharad wrote:Please introduce yourself and how we can improve waze experience in ahmedabad.
Hi I am Rahul a wazer from Pune.
1st question: does ahgmedabad already has been maped on Waze already?
if not first start mapping the roads. tutorial and wiki links are in my signature.

I would say to improve waze experience, first step will be inviting and encouraging users to try waze as navigation software.
The more the users.. better and faster the Map gets. also more users indicate more accurate avg speed and more accurate traffic updates...

2nd step, would be encouraging users to send update reports.

3rd step.... share the wiki and Map editing expirience to them... n let them learn to fix the issues on map themself.. :D
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by rahulmaindargi
alurysharad wrote:ok.
trying it but it is not updating as fast as i would like. is pune or anyother city in india mapped ?
Pune, Bangalore and Mumbai are Mapped for sure. I think base Map was imported for these cities.
Pune yet do not have much users, but Banglore and mumbai have lots of them as compared.

I believe more cities like Delhi... etc are mapped too..

Though base map is not always correct, and we need to fix it a lot.

it will take time to map all the roads, if base map is missing.

Client also has option to record roads when driving. you can use it while driving a road. just do not drive same road twice in recording mode.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Now a days I am bit buzy, but if you can give me Paramlink of your area, I can try to apply for AM for that area, and help u in fixing/mapping the city :)
rahulmaindargi
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message