Welcome to the Waze Professional Drivers Community!

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Welcome to the Waze Professional Drivers Community!

Postby yenz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 am

I'm Product Managers at Waze, taking care of the needs of our Professional Wazers.

I would like to thank you everyone so much for for filling out our professional drivers using Waze. The results of the survey have been overwhelming, we got 10x more responses as we expected! You guys are awesome, and we love to hear more from you. We will use now the survey data to find out how to improve our services for you.
We will start with improving our API and SDK - the tools your companies are using to connect with the Waze app. Please be patient it will take time, from analyzing all your responses till it will make it into Waze.
yenz
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby vince1612 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:41 am

@GoldenBuffaloSoldier

Hi, staff is currently working on an update of this auto-detection system. The modifications to it were not yet deployed as far as I know but should be soon, once that will be done you and others who really drive a lot for work should no longer be flagged for excessive drives and no longer recieve this automated e-mail.

In case you feel the update is taking too long to come, please contact a Canadian Community Global Champ (doctorkb, hmarian, manoeuvre or Kayos_On_The_Road). They should be able to contact staff on your behalf to provide you with a temporary solution until this issue will become history for everyone.
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby time41lvng » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Well this is cool! I have been a truck driver in the 11 western states for 7 months. I have used different maps and map apps. What I like about this app is that it had saved me 10 minutes of driving time. Miles = money and more time = money. Garmin has so many issues with there map device that I can no longer trust the map directions. I try to use the Garmin dezl along with waze. It would be so awesome if you developed a trucker device with the waze concept. The ability to communicate hazards, slowdowns, weather, cars on right side of road, and police is great. What would be great is if your app was connected to 511 or state road conditions. My main concern is low bridges and roads that are illegal for truckers to drive on when driving to destination. The ability for truckers to communicate via this app would. Be awesome. I mean this limited communication idea is perfect. We have high wind issues in the western States. There are a few things I wish others would combine and hope you take the lead. I need as a driver a 10 hour reset or an 8 2 split reset. Trucker path has places that one can go to, park and sleep with an option of parking availability according to last response to app. Scales locations are needed for truckers not just Cat Scales but all scales that weigh trucks. Current weather conditions is great thing you app has. I have not tried you alternative route option yet but find Harkins to be non existent. If in Dever Colorado there are more than just one option to destination for truckers. The typical suggested route from Google and Garmin is I-25 North to fort Collins Colorado to HWY 287 Laramie Wyoming to I-80. Then if asking to go to Logan Utah it sends as only route is through bear lake in Utah. The I-84 is never shown as an alternate route.

I have found your app helpful and accurate saving me time. It had also given me directions to a shortcut that is truck legal. Whatever improvements for truckers benefit on your app would be greatly appreciated. It would be one less app and device to use and clutter truck cab. I also really enjoy your time of day and expected arrival times. Huge help with that idea you guys created. It would be nice to select a general mph like 60 mph 65 mph 70 mph ECT.... Hope to see an actual device like Garmin. I have to use Google maps for satellite views of destination to see best way to pull in at location drop or pick-up. Trucker path app has majority of trucker stops and rest stops. I use them to see closest place to stop for 30 min.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could do some kind of yelp for truckers food ratings. Places we can park at to grab some food. Thanks for your app. It is the most innovative and I find myself using it more and more.
time41lvng

Postby KariH-Fin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 am

Hi guys,

I am a local champ and professional bus driver in Central Finland, driving at work roughly 50 thousand kilometers per year plus private driving by car some 20 thousand more. I just heard about this sub-forum and now starting to get to know this step by step :)

Rgds,
Kari
Country Manager: Finland
Image Image
KariH-Fin
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby I5Surfer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:05 am

While not a "professional driver"in the most common definition, I taught defensive driving for over 27 years, and now, in my retirement, I log tens of thousands of miles each year, traveling this beautiful country of ours, on many many hiking adventures and visits to children. I am a Cardiomyopathy and am not allowed to fly. So I enjoy the open road. A long time Tom Tom user, my daughter turned me on to WAZE prior to a hiking tour roadtrip that took me from Carlsbad, CA to Yosemite to Yellowstone to Glacier ; Onward north to Canada and Jasper, Banff, Whistler and the Yukon ; then finally all the way north to Prudhoe Bay, AK via the infamous Dalton Highway. Then it was back home via the North Passage, Vancouver Island, then across the Strait of Juan de Fuca, to Point Flattery (the farthest NW point in the contiguous US; and finally down the 101 and Pacific Coast Highway, back to Carlsbad. All in all, almost 10,000 miles!

This weekend I am traveling from Carlsbad to Houston. While the entire 1,500 mile stretch, each way, is beyond WAZE's reach, you can be sure I have segmented the trip in order to WAZE the whole way. Using the voice command; of course, it makes my roadtrips much less monotonous to track and report all i see, including rest stops.

All that being said, I fell MORE than qualified as a "Professional Driver." Thank you WAZE. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

I5surfer
I5Surfer

Reply to vince1612

Postby GoldenBuffaloSoldier » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Hello vince1612. Thank you for the update. My apologies for not getting back sooner.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier

Postby GoldenBuffaloSoldier » Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 pm

I am a professional driver & have been on the road for nearly 30 years.
I joined Waze 4 years ago, averaging a 100,000 miles a year, give or take a few thousand or so and this year I should average well over 120,000 miles.
This week I was flagged for "faking drives" & "massive reporting" & sent the automatically generated form letter.
As this is a "community based" driving app I thought that it was appropriate to "inform" the community of the issues that I was driving through(speed zone changes due to construction, road direction changes, etc) and early last month(April), 3 of my reports were dealt with.
I believe that part of the reason for the delay was the lack of an editor to verify my notifications and when someone chose to look at them I all of a sudden had mail.
How does the the app? I mean, does it use my phone's GPS/location/direction sensors or the cell towers it pings, to collect data & display the mileage, speed, direction and ETA to my destination
If this is supposed to be a "community based driving app" why am I being accused of "faking drives & massive reporting" when there is no way of supplying information or indicating that I am a professional driver accumulating miles & experiencing issues at a greater rate than that of a pleasure driver?
I also want to know about the punitive punishment that I am receiving(drop in rankings & reduction in points accumulated, for example)and when the punishment is ended and if I will receive credit for the losses I have received?
I also want to make sure that other "Wazers" don't receive the treatment that I have received. I sent in a initiating correspondence & was supplied links to click on that were "supposed" to answer my questions but all one of the links supplied was another opportunity to sent in another email.
I don't want to receive a warning that I am sending a massive amount of emails, next.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier

Postby GoldenBuffaloSoldier » Thu May 25, 2017 10:41 pm

How does one become recognized as a professional driver so that the system doesn't flag the account & punish the driver for "faking" drives & "excessive" reporting by demoting the user's rankings, revoke permissions(editing for example) & other threats that are listed in the form email one receives when the "system automatically flags" the account?
Why is there no communication via the app that there might be an issue & why is there no human eyes looking at the situation?
Also, replying with form letters on something like this really looks Mickey Mouse & not very business like.
GoldenBuffaloSoldier

Postby GACowBoy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Awesome! I drive a tractor trailer delivery. Would love routing for trucks. Low over passes, weight limits,etc.
GACowBoy

Postby AeRoBianCo » Thu May 25, 2017 11:06 pm

GoldenBuffaloSoldier wrote:Why is there no communication via the app that there might be an issue & why is there no human eyes looking at the situation?
Also, replying with form letters on something like this really looks Mickey Mouse & not very business like.

Hello GoldenBuffaloSoldier

According to the communication via the app there is only a way reporting map errors specifying clearly the issue and depending the zone can influence the amount of avalaible volunteer editors. If there is no answer you can contribute to edit the map by consulting and clarifying doubts in the forum and Wazeopedia and some body may help you.
ImageImageImageImageImage
México Country Manager (Editor Nacional).

Supervisor (Chiapas, Guerrero, Oaxaca).
State Manager (Puebla).
AeRoBianCo
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Next

Return to Waze Professional Drivers