Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Can you still use Waze on Uber?

Post by adriansinger
Hi dear professional drivers,

How are you?

I wanted to ask you if you've experienced any recent changes in Waze's button inside Uber. Can you still open Waze directly from the Uber app? Has anything changed there the last days?

We'd be glad to hear any feedback.

Thank you!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:74536

Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
Diknup wrote:I;m wondering about this too. I haven't been able to use Waze from either the Uber or Lyft apps. in several months. I've deleted and re-installed it a couple of times, without a positive outcome.
Thank you Diknup for your update. Could you tell since when is this happening more or less?
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager
Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Republic of Korea, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Mongolia, Laos, Bhutan & Brunei

Post by adriansinger
Thank you so much for your feedback Diknup, we'll look into it and see we can do something to fix it (probably not, because we don't have integration with Uber).

BTW, we'll be glad seeing you using Waze again ;)

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Hi everyone,

We're aware of the problem and are checking if this is something on our side or Uber's side.

Reminder: there's no integration Waze/Uber.

I'll update you once we know more.

Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by adriansinger
Hi everyone,

The issues of Waze/Uber were fixed and everything should be working as normal now.

Could you please confirm this?

Thanks so much for all your feedback!
Adrian
adriansinger
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message
Adrián Singer
Community Manager

Post by ajcadoo
In the Uber app I default to Waze navigation only. The last day I drove was on Thursday evening in Los Angeles, and I had no issues Whatsoever. I am using an iPhone 7Plus with latest OS and app updates.
ajcadoo
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message

Post by Bjgreen0001
I have this same issue with android, my buddy that uses Iphone doesn't have the issue. I have tired it on S6 and S8 and waze will only work the first time with Lyft/Uber
Bjgreen0001
Send a message

Post by Diknup
I;m wondering about this too. I haven't been able to use Waze from either the Uber or Lyft apps. in several months. I've deleted and re-installed it a couple of times, without a positive outcome.
Diknup
Send a message

Post by Diknup
I would say since October of last year. After it kept happening on both platforms, I stopped using Waze and now use Google maps in the apps. It seems to work fine.
Diknup
Send a message

Post by dZoup
We've got a print from a editor and uber drive in Brazil:
IMG-20170508-WA0046.jpg
twisted uber
(113.88 KiB) Downloaded 1660 times
Seems thas on the last uber update, the waze got really bugged.
dZoup
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message
Abraços,
dZoup
Paraná, Santa Catarina e Mato Grosso do Sul - LC Brasil
Manual de edição
Tá curtindo editar mas quer ajuda de alguem com experiência? >>> Aqui <<< é o lugar!