Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level3 Update: Mong Kok 旺角 (Tung Chau St 通州街)

Post by tsemanhei
My Level: 2
Reason for request: LG update, do you need override for this junction?

tsemanhei

POSTER_ID:16984711

Send a message

Post by chengkeith
There's already "Keep left onto Sham Shui Po" according to JAI. I don't know what he is expecting but missed out.

Maybe after he keep left, and while waiting at the red light (just under the bridge), he expect a "Continue/Turn Right onto Nam Cheong St"? but the point of the LG and the keep left is to make him choose the left side of the traffic light so he can continue NE onto Nam Cheong St. It is also undesirable to have instructions very close to each other (<100m) and especially under bridge (interferes with GPS accuracy). Firstly, the latter instruction will most likely be delayed or missed out completely because of the close distance apart. Secondly, by the time the latter instruction appear, it will not give the driver enough time to react if the driver happened to be in the wrong lane or whatsoever.
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 11
Send a message

Post by chengkeith
Already showing LG ga la, no need to override to force show LG.

Whenever an instruction is given, either indicated by JAI, or we forced a TIO, the system will check whether there is LG, if there's LG, it will always be shown.

LG will only be not shown when the instruction is also implicit (i.e. no instruction needed as indicated by JAI, or overridden as "None" by TIO)
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 11
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
Can force display of LG to give indication of the correct lane to take?
tsemanhei
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
This junction is honestly poor design ...
tsemanhei
Send a message