Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level4(auto) Update: Tsim Sha Tsui 尖沙咀 (Salisbury Rd 梳士巴利道)

Post by tsemanhei
My Level: 2
Reason for request: Add LG

tsemanhei

POSTER_ID:16984711

Send a message
by chengkeith » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:02 pm
This one is a bit complicated.

The LG is already there but it appears to be wrong to the user because the number of lanes are different before and after Nathan Road.

Along the eastbound, before Nathan Rd, there are 5 lanes, the leftmost must turn left to Nathan Rd, and so after the Nathan Rd junction only 4 lanes remaining.

The LG that the user is seeing is the one after Nathan Rd, but since there's a traffic light at the junction with Nathan Rd, he mistaken the LG as the lane he should be taking at the traffic light, hence misunderstanding that the number of lanes provided by LG is wrong.

I can totally understand why he feels LG is wrong.

Current LG are as follow:
Before_NathanRd.png
Before reaching junction with Nathan Rd, user see this (total 4 out of 5 lanes to continue straight, but as usual, the continue straight instruction would not be given, hence user will see the next upcoming instruction instead)

After_NathanRd.png
After crossing junction with Nathan Rd, user see this LG (only 4 lanes left).  This includes those people who just joined the party after making a left turn from Nathan Rd Southbound

Since heuristics to combine consecutive LG only work on #-junctions and H-junctions, this is an expected behaviour under current limitation. It is not impossible to workaround it, but it involves drawing multiple overlapping segments just to guide people into (Middle Rd, All districts, Kwun Tong/Shatin) these three destinations. 

Go to full post
Last edited by tsemanhei on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by chengkeith
This one is a bit complicated.

The LG is already there but it appears to be wrong to the user because the number of lanes are different before and after Nathan Road.

Along the eastbound, before Nathan Rd, there are 5 lanes, the leftmost must turn left to Nathan Rd, and so after the Nathan Rd junction only 4 lanes remaining.

The LG that the user is seeing is the one after Nathan Rd, but since there's a traffic light at the junction with Nathan Rd, he mistaken the LG as the lane he should be taking at the traffic light, hence misunderstanding that the number of lanes provided by LG is wrong.

I can totally understand why he feels LG is wrong.

Current LG are as follow:
Before_NathanRd.png
(20.42 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Before reaching junction with Nathan Rd, user see this (total 4 out of 5 lanes to continue straight, but as usual, the continue straight instruction would not be given, hence user will see the next upcoming instruction instead)

After_NathanRd.png
(28.15 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
After crossing junction with Nathan Rd, user see this LG (only 4 lanes left).  This includes those people who just joined the party after making a left turn from Nathan Rd Southbound

Since heuristics to combine consecutive LG only work on #-junctions and H-junctions, this is an expected behaviour under current limitation. It is not impossible to workaround it, but it involves drawing multiple overlapping segments just to guide people into (Middle Rd, All districts, Kwun Tong/Shatin) these three destinations. 

chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 11
Send a message

Post by chengkeith
I don't like the new forum interface, it messed up my attachment pictures  :? I hope you understand what I meant

Yes, one solution is to override the continue straight, but after the red light, the next upcoming split has four lanes to three outbound segments, so if destination is leftmost lane and the wazer took the rightmost lane at the red light, there's not enough time for him to cut three lanes to the leftmost lane, then they will complain for instruction being given too late lol
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 11
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
Yes, this is back to my original suggestion to override every continue straight with multi-lane LG.
tsemanhei
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
chengkeith wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:57 am I don't like the new forum interface, it messed up my attachment pictures  :? I hope you understand what I meant

Yes, one solution is to override the continue straight, but after the red light, the next upcoming split has four lanes to three outbound segments, so if destination is leftmost lane and the wazer took the rightmost lane at the red light, there's not enough time for him to cut three lanes to the leftmost lane, then they will complain for instruction being given too late lol

You may need to reattach the images.

I think Waze will hint the next instruction in the display, it will be a double edge sword anyway you edit the continue instruction with LG.

tsemanhei
Send a message