Forum for requesting any unlocks, closures or fixes by a higher rank editor.
Please read "Posting Guidelines" before submitting your request.

Level3→L2 Unlock: Sha Tin 沙田 ({8} Tsing Sha Hwy 青沙公路)

Post by tsemanhei
My Level: 2
Reason for request: To fix a reported issues

tsemanhei

POSTER_ID:16984711

Send a message

Post by chengkeith
Downlocked for you.

As I wrote in the UR, the problem with this junction is Waze does not provide lane guidance, and we only have the choice of continue/keep left/keep right/exit left/exit right. I already set Voice-Instruction-Override (VIO) for all three ramps for traffic coming from two inbound segments:

Traffic from Tai Po Rd - Tai Wai 大埔公路 - 大圍段 / (Ramp) Kowloon 九龍 heading towards:
- Exit 1: Tai Wai 大圍 - Exit Left
- {8} Kowloon (W) 九龍 (西) - Continue (no lane change required)
- Exit 1A: Tai Po Rd 大埔公路 - Exit Right

Traffic from {8} Tsing Sha Hwy 青沙公路 / Tai Po Rd - Sha Tin 大埔公路 - 沙田段 heading towards:
- Exit 1: Tai Wai 大圍 - Exit Left
- {8} Kowloon (W) 九龍 (西) - Keep Left (not "exit" as traffic is on freeway and will continue to be on freeway)
- Exit 1A: Tai Po Rd 大埔公路 - Continue (no lane change required)

If you edit the junction, please take into consideration that Wazers from two inbound segments may expect different driving instructions.

I don't know why the Wazer reported the UR, perhaps he didn't use a voice pack with street names (what's Waze default voice pack?), or he didn't pay attention to the wayfinder on the app. He came from {8} Tsing Sha Hwy 青沙公路 and if he didn't change lane to the left, he would have continued on Tai Po Rd.

Also bear in mind voice instructions on freeway sometimes are given 200m-300m ahead of the actual junction, and since this junction is on a left-turn curve, if you move the junction too early, the driver may not see the wayfinder yet when the voice instruction is given.
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 11
Send a message

Post by chengkeith
I drove by this junction yesterday (was travelling from Shatin to Kowloon via tunnel). The voice guidance of (keep left to Kowloon (W)) was given 170m ahead of the junction, and due to the curve, I couldn't actually see a sign saying "Kowloon (W)" when I heard that voice instruction. We might need to adjust the position of the junctions.

@tsemanhei, when you drive this route again next time, please turn on voice guidance and listen, you'll get what I mean.
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by chengkeith
chengkeith wrote:I drove by this junction yesterday (was travelling from Shatin to Kowloon via tunnel). The voice guidance of (keep left to Kowloon (W)) was given 170m ahead of the junction, and due to the curve, I couldn't actually see a sign saying "Kowloon (W)" when I heard that voice instruction. We might need to adjust the position of the junctions.

@tsemanhei, when you drive this route again next time, please turn on voice guidance and listen, you'll get what I mean.
Forget what I just said, I tested it again today and the instruction seems correct now. I forgot why that happened yesterday, maybe I didn't choose the same route as I wanted to drive on :roll: :?: :!:

Let me keep trying a few more times (although I don't regularly visit this area). If you drive this route regularly, please also try it with voice guidance enabled.
chengkeith
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
I actually separated the complex lane changing to a two phase exit.

Any way to simulate the routing before it is effective?
tsemanhei
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
From the map and street view, I understand the instruction was given near the final stretch of the junction, which the sign and wayfinder is not in good view position.

I suggest the first stage of lane change from "{8} Tsing Sha Hwy" to "Kowloon (W)" could happen in earlier wayfinder position.

This may help to clarify the voice instruction.
tsemanhei
Send a message

Post by tsemanhei
Also trial on the "Toll Area 收費區域"
tsemanhei
Send a message