Editing a campsite

Post by crukko
Hi all,

being a frequent Waze user but a very infrequent editor, please indulge me should the answer be obvious:

On most campsites I have been to in Europe (mostly Austria and Italy), I miss the roads being entered into the Waze map. One example featured here:

https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=47. ... =190856590

This one also features a complete non-sensical road, I can only guess its meant to be there for technical reasons. Now here is the question: why on earth would such a place be marked as L4? I'd love to enter this roads including time-specific driving restrictions. But obviously someone with better insight than me must feel that these edits could potentially be harmful.

Can someone point me to an answer? Thanks!

Crukko 
crukko

Post by SkiDooGuy
The road is drawn like that to make the map simple and functional. For the most part Waze has been about getting you to your destination, then once there (ie - in the campsite) it's up to the driver to determine where to go. That guidance has been changing for a while now, but not in all countries and not all at once. That said - I also would have mapped that a little more intricately to fit reality a little more cleanly, but I am also half way around the world, so not part of the local mapping team. 

As for the level 4 lock on the segment, I have no answer for that. It does seem a case of over locking it, but again, not being local I cannot lend to any knowledge of prior issues with the area that would require a higher lock. 

PS: I am moving this topic to the Austria forum for better local knowledge. Apologies to the Austrian team if it's not the correct sub-forum, I unfortunately do not speak or read German.
SkiDooGuy
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 1
Assistant Regional Coordinator: Great Lakes Region
Local Champ: Canada, USA
Country Manager: Canada, USA, Palau
Rank 6 editor

Post by crukko
SkiDooGuy wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:01 pm PS: I am moving this topic to the Austria forum for better local knowledge. Apologies to the Austrian team if it's not the correct sub-forum, I unfortunately do not speak or read German.

Thanks SkiDooGuy for your detailed guidance and moving the post into the right right section. That really helped! Continuing in German for here on:

Ich hoffe ich verstosse hier nicht gerade gegen 100 geschriebene oder ungeschriebene Regeln, aber wäre es in Ordnung wenn ich den Campingplatz ein wenig ausdetailliere? Kenne den Platz recht gut, da wir dort im Winter dauerhaft stehen. Dazu müsste der kleine Bereich aber wohl runter auf mein Niveau als L1-Fröschlein...
crukko

Post by fuchserl
Hi,
thanks for forwarding this to the Austrian forum.

Ich habe einmal den Einzeichner angepingt, schauen wir einmal, was er dazu meint. Ich kann mir den hohen Lock nur damit erklären, dass er damals (auch schon ein paar Jährchen her) irgendwas testen wollte.

fuchserl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Wolfgang

Localiser (DE), Beta-WME, Android App Beta Leader, GC, LC, AM, CM (AT, BF, CD, CF, CG, CM, DJ, ER, ET, GH, GN, GQ, KE, SD, SO, SS, TD, UG)
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... _0M_6c.pnghttps://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... RWrsig.png