Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

iPhone Alpha 1.3.99 available for registered alpha users

Post by The Fej
Please find the version we want to send to the market (now that the previous one was approved):
http://www.waze.com/clients/beta_1.3.99.10.ipa
** Edited **: Updated version is http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ver ... .99.13.ipa

Note it's only for the users which we've updated that were confirmed to enter the limited alpha list (as unfortunately we are limited by Apple for just that small amount).

Please send us the feedback.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by The Fej
We did a small correction on the server side today and Foursquare should be working countries where it is possible to activate it.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by The Fej
Not premature, but needed an additional configuration.
So here it is with the 4sqr:
http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/ver ... .99.13.ipa
As always, will be grateful for feedback...
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
Send a message

Post by sketch
I got that message once when trying to check in after opening the app cold to try checking in. I tried checking in again at the end of a trip, and it worked (to the extent that it does work).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Okay, tried the Foursquare integration tonight. It works, checks you in and tells you how many points you got from it. However, it sends it with the shout "0" for some reason, and you don't have the option to put in your own shout or tweet the check-in. Cool feature, but not yet full-featured, so I'll probably just keep using the Foursquare client.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
No, sorry, I keep meaning to and then forgetting it's there when I get places. :oops: I'll make it a point to try it out tomorrow.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
I have not tried Foursquare with 1.3.99.13 yet, but it worked (for me) with 1.3.99.9. I will check it again tonight.

Also, an update on the last one: must be referencing the wrong audio file for "keep left" directions in Spanish. Roundabouts are announced properly. Also, "kmh" should be "km/h".
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Okay! Had more time with it.

I like the new pop-up navigation dialogue (stop navigation, navigation list, &c.), it's much easier to use. I saw another dialogue that looks like it, can't remember which, but it works.

I tried the Spanish voice prompts and metric displays, as well. A few comments:
  • Some of the prompts are mixed up. When the instruction is "keep left", instead of "mantengase a la izquierda", I think it says something about a roundabout. I will take a roundabout on the way home to see if they're simply flipped.
  • Meters do not round like feet do. They could round to the nearest 25 like feet do in English units, and perhaps to the nearest 10m when under 100m.
  • Metric units do not take periods. In other words, "km." should be "km" throughout the application.
Automatic night mode works again!

The day mode colour schemes are lovely. It looks so much nicer now. It'd be nice to have some choices for night mode schemes as well--perhaps something with different shades of blue. Also, if I may make a request, I would love a theme with all the colours from "Tutti-frutti" except with blue freeways as in "The Blues"! :D :D :D

The road report dialogue in landscape mode is finally usable!

I'll post more when I see it!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Whoa, you're right. Foursquare is gone. It was there in 1.3.99.9. What gives?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message