Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by gibby71
Thanks, I will update tonight hopefully. Wiki has been updated.
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by gibby71
Just updated and so far looks good. It is very easy to move around the map now. Zooming in and out is zippy and looks nice. I like that now you can see who can be pinged with an symbol above there waze icon.
gibby71
Send a message

Post by gibby71
jeremymc7 wrote:
cobra wrote:You do understand that waze has some beta testers that aren't bypassing the authentication, right? ;)
If there's a way to do that I want in ! ! !
I don't know if they are still accepting beta users. You can try and emailing alpha@waze.com and request to become one.
gibby71
Send a message

Post by gibby71
I like the bolder speed and ETA. The ETA does however need to be moved up just a little.
http://grab.by/grabs/508b153562b66f158e ... f30d2.jpeg
gibby71
Send a message

Post by jeremymc7
For those of us that haven't rooted their iPhone whats the typical turn to between these betas getting released and making their way to Apple submission? Understanding their additional and unpredicable time for Apple to release to app store.
jeremymc7
Send a message

Post by jeremymc7
cobra wrote:You do understand that waze has some beta testers that aren't bypassing the authentication, right? ;)
jeremymc7
Send a message

Post by jeremymc7
falum wrote:Just added another 20 miles using the new client and feels solid. I like the zoom but would prefer to be able to hold a + or - and it keep zooming instead of repeatedly pressing button. Also I don't know if its linked but I've gone from about 60k points to 11k overnight. Hoping it will rectify over night.
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. Especially since I'm currently using the app store version but I often have it zoomed in, Waze will zoom out at some point and not zoom back to the level I had it, then I have to manually press buttons to zoom back to my desired level. Annoying yes, free navigation and contributing to "the greater good", PRICELESS ! :D
jeremymc7
Send a message

Post by jeremymc7
gibby71 wrote:I like the bolder speed and ETA. The ETA does however need to be moved up just a little.
I've got the same comment. Adding a single pixel space under would be ery nice.
jeremymc7
Send a message

Post by Lemon
maxjivi05 wrote:I understand, but in all honesty why would you want a device that is locked to the bone where you can't do what you want with it? Also Waze on the app store is really far behind and this beta is a major improvement... I would be stupid if I went back to the appstore version lol... Plus the more people using the beta the faster they fix bugs and get enhanced features ;) am I right? We want all the bugs worked out and we want more features!!! :)

completely agree ;)
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
jeremymc7 wrote:
you need a jailbroken iphone but you can do it...
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager