Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by macneo
Damn, I didn't notice it! Just… wow
Just to add a little extra touch, couldn't the system actually gather the weather info from some website and change the sky accordingly? After all, you already know exactly where we are, so it shouldn't be too hard.

And I'd also like to have different color themes for the Night mode… dark-gray is fine, but sometimes a little more contrast would be better.

This 1.5 is looking very good :)
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
I'll never understand which is the right one.
iPhone: 55k points, rank 665
Dashboard World: 57k points, rank 665
Dashboard WWW: 49k points, rank 655
:roll:
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
The music volume no longer turns down when there's a voice prompt.
It's actually been like this for a few versions, but I always forgot to say it :oops:

Sometimes if I change road the system "forgets" my actual destination and rolls back to basic free driving (not even the spinning "thinking" thing). It doesn't happen all the time, and setting again the destination fixes it.

When I get notifications, sometimes there's the arrow to show me the point… but other times it just moves the map without actually showing me where's the road it's talking about.
macneo
Send a message

Post by macneo
sketch wrote:
macneo wrote:The music volume no longer turns down when there's a voice prompt.
It's actually been like this for a few versions, but I always forgot to say it :oops:
Wait, really? Mine has never lowered the music for a voice prompt, not since the very first version.
I'm pretty sure mine did… but we're probably talking about version 1.2 or something like that. It's been a while… I told you I kept forgetting about it :lol:
macneo
Send a message

Post by maxjivi05
I understand, but in all honesty why would you want a device that is locked to the bone where you can't do what you want with it? Also Waze on the app store is really far behind and this beta is a major improvement... I would be stupid if I went back to the appstore version lol... Plus the more people using the beta the faster they fix bugs and get enhanced features ;) am I right? We want all the bugs worked out and we want more features!!! :)
maxjivi05
Send a message
_______Master-at-Arms U.S. Navy_______
Second Business: iPhone Repair & Services
Waze: 1.5.9.2
iPhone: Jailbroken 3GS v3.1.2 177MB
Vehicles: 2008 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Hyundai Accent
Area Manager: (Greenup County, KY| Scioto County, OH| Cabell County, WV)

Post by robin1979
cobra wrote:Same here. My points froze when installing the new beta. rank dropped below 100! :cry:
I wouldn't worry to much about the points currently, they are kind of broken. Mine stopped increasing a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't even install a new version.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by ruppia
I notice that when i want to make a report or when i want to write a new address keyboard input is really slow and slugginesh.... It's cause of memory improve ??? I think it's better before (1.4.0.1) for this things

One great improvement for me is the new font ( better reading) and finally problem solved for recording road... i notice that till now all my journey are in dashboard the days after... Really well done....

When you solve the rank ??? I'm very disappointed for that

Ruppia
ruppia
Send a message
------------------------------------------
Waze 2.0.1 - iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1)
Area Manager Torino

Post by ruppia
I'm using waze 1.5.9.2 and now 1.5.9.4 and i'm experience lack of points in dashboard

Look at the picture just to help community and developers.

I really don't know if the problem is for all people or only who use this beta.

One thing is that for the first time points show on the phone are less that on my dashboard...

But i notice better speed in this new beta, and i really love it

Ruppia
ruppia
Send a message
Attachments
Waze 2.0.1 - iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1)
Area Manager Torino

Post by sketch
jeremymc7 wrote:For those of us that haven't rooted their iPhone whats the typical turn to between these betas getting released and making their way to Apple submission? Understanding their additional and unpredicable time for Apple to release to app store.
As you said, it's unpredictable. I've seen it take a couple days, and I've seen it take a couple weeks.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Yes, I really dig the bold font, it's much more legible. ETA in landscape mode could be moved a little to the left, though:
http://sketchler.com/images/etabold.png
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!