Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Update world.waze.com/cartouche has been uplaoded

Post by krankyd
we just released a new version of the cartouche for world.waze.com (the www.waze.com/cartouche will be soon to follow)

Major improvements & fixes you should notice:
1. New split segments function
2. Improved roundabouts
3. Landmarks showing in western hemisphere (fixed SQL problem from being displayed on map)
4. Removed city creation range/geometry restrictions
5. Revived adding points to landmarks
6. House Numbers returned and improved

thank you everyone for your patience... we know some of these bugs were annoying but hopefully they are part of the past now.
krankyd

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by itamar
Vikingr wrote:When I try to cancel turn restrictions in a newly created roundabout I get: The selected segments cannot be connected.
It is already connected since I have negative turn restrictions showing up to left in the roundabout.
And btw just what is improved with the roundabout function? Cant say I can see any.
The roundabout function sometimes erases nodes it should not. It was improved to happen less frequently. We are still working on eliminating unnecessary dependencies and cleaning up the roundabout code. A follow-up fix will be added in the next few days eliminating more problems.

Itamar
itamar
Send a message

Post by macneo
ruppia wrote:I notice in view panel new button call "Try next aerial photo option"...

What is it for ??
they added it on the US server last week too
it's for areas with multiple layers of aerial images (from different years) so you can switch between them and choose the best one for the area you're trying to edit.
At the moment in Europe I think we only have 1 layer, so it shouldn't be very useful for now.
macneo
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
just to let you know: The bug with road direction the wrong way round when separating to two one-way roads is not solved yet (happened several time this afternoon when editing freeways being just a single road yet... I also often experience the two created roads crossing each other (causing some irritation until noticing where the roads are going havoc and always a lot of work to fix); at the moment it seems better to simply paint the second road when separating a freeway...

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by ruppia
I notice in view panel new button call "Try next aerial photo option"...

What is it for ??

Thanks so much for the improvement... :D :D
ruppia
Send a message
------------------------------------------
Waze 2.0.1 - iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1)
Area Manager Torino
------------------------------------------

Post by Vikingr
When I try to cancel turn restrictions in a newly created roundabout I get: The selected segments cannot be connected.
It is already connected since I have negative turn restrictions showing up to left in the roundabout.
And btw just what is improved with the roundabout function? Cant say I can see any.
Vikingr
Send a message
Phones: HTC Nexus One(Android), Acer Liquid A1(Android)
Browser: Google Chrome
Area Manager: Norway, south-east

Post by Vikingr
I tried to make another roundabout and its really messed up now.

Its not possible to cancel turn restrictions in the roundabout, and it deleted half of the roundabout that was connected to the new one I just created.
Something is seriously wrong.
It was much better before when it just deleted the nodes.

itamar wrote:
Vikingr wrote:When I try to cancel turn restrictions in a newly created roundabout I get: The selected segments cannot be connected.
The roundabout function sometimes erases nodes it should not. It was improved to happen less frequently. We are still working on eliminating unnecessary dependencies and cleaning up the roundabout code. A follow-up fix will be added in the next few days eliminating more problems.

Itamar
Vikingr
Send a message

Post by Vikingr
It wasnt Cartouch that deleted half the roundabout, it got deleted when I deleted the 2 extra roads that gets created between the 2 roundabouts.

To reproduce:

create a roundabout
check connectivity
then you will find 2-3 non allowed turns that you must open
when you try to cancel them you get the "the selected segments cannot be connected" error
then create another roundabout connected to the first one 1 road segment away
then you will get 2 extra roads on top of the existing one between the 2 roundabouts.

Vikingr wrote:I tried to make another roundabout and its really messed up now.

Its not possible to cancel turn restrictions in the roundabout, and it deleted half of the roundabout that was connected to the new one I just created.
Something is seriously wrong.
It was much better before when it just deleted the nodes.

itamar wrote:

Itamar
Vikingr
Send a message