Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by FrisbeeDog
I'm also experiencing lots of server time out and can't find departure point errors. Both errors occur on routes that are simple with tons of data and near roads so it is not just because of complicated routes.
FrisbeeDog
Send a message
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina

Post by gibby71
Should Beta users update or OK just to keep beta version running?
gibby71
Send a message
Area Manager: Mchenry, Lake, and Cook County Illinois
Phone: iPhone

Post by gibby71
ahdlm wrote:I upgraded last night and am now in the middle of an itunes backup. its taking forever just like before.
is there a trick to this, or is the problem a holdover from files generated before I upgraded?
You may have a different app causing the slow backup. Mine has been fast since the update.
gibby71
Send a message

Post by gibby71
ahdlm wrote:
gibby71 wrote:You may have a different app causing the slow backup. Mine has been fast since the update.
Its just that I noticed the problem start when I first got Waze. It would be an odd coincidence that something that I installed since would cause the same problem when nothing that I had installed before caused that problem.
Try removing Waze then run a backup. See if it is still slow. Then add it again and see if it is slow. If it is then I suggest emailing support.
gibby71
Send a message

Post by gibby71
Elgirts wrote:I'm not having a hard time seeking satellites, but I have been encountering "Server Timeouts" whenever searching for a route. Also sometimes when I travel off route, the client will take a long time, and make several attempts to find a new route, or just quit trying all together. This forces me to have to re-submit my destination for routing which may again result in a server timeout.
+1
I am having the same behavior.
gibby71
Send a message

Post by keeper1
sketch wrote:I have been getting "Could not find road near departure point" for almost every destination I've planned in this version. Half the time, I get this message and I get a route anyway. It's ridiculous, as just about every single time the client has had me placed squarely on a road segment.
same for me. :mrgreen:
keeper1
Send a message
iphone 5, waze 3.7.2, chrome

[img]https:///mAisJ[/img] [img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
The automatic Day / Night change still doesn't seem to be working for me. I still only get switched to night mode some time after 7pm while it's already dark around 5pm or so.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by momentsofsanity
Just installed it and my points on the client score table went from 177K down to 52K. Is this to correct a bug that was inflating my score or something else? On my dashboard it has me at approx 160K. Not overly concerned with score but it was part of the fun.
momentsofsanity
Send a message
Area Manager: South Western Ontario, Canada

Post by momentsofsanity
So still have the issue where the client list my points about 120k lower than te dashboard but also noticing that my points haven't really moved since updating. I've munched several thousand points alone and the dashboard has only gone up about 50 points.

Am I alone in experiencing these anomolies?
momentsofsanity
Send a message

Post by robin1979
The feature that Waze is able to crash the iPhone (reboot it) is also still available! :evil:
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe