New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.8

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.8

Postby The Fej » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Got a new version that has the following functionality:

- Alternative routes support (similar to the web alternative routes feature)
- "More" bar added, live info moved to top bar
- Recommend to a friend by email
- Music player: Some UI fixes; double tap or long tap the on-map icon to play/pause; when listening to music - music volume is lowered to announce prompts
- 12/24h clock settings
- Fixes and UI updates

Alpha users can download version from:
http://waze.s3.amazonaws.com/client/versions/iphone/1.6.99.8/adhoc_1.6.99.8.ipa

Enjoy
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:02 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby sketch » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 am

I like the UI changes, and the music fadeout is perfect.

I also like the pause-on-hold for the iPod button. Do you think you could make it so that double-tapping the Music player button skips to the next song?
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5714
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has thanked: 1251 times
Been thanked: 1732 times

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby ruppia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:20 am

I like too this new interface,

but i notice that bug related with the score is still there.

I post in another thread that my points are lower that in the dashboard, rank is ok.

This morning i upgrade to beta version and the points was lower.

After that i remove the program and reinstall from scratch and problems gone, dashboard and phone are the same.

I thought was a client side problem and this version have the same bug.

Could you please investigate ??
------------------------------------------
Waze 2.0.1 - iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1)
Area Manager Torino
------------------------------------------
ruppia
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Turin
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby robin1979 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 am

I like the new release as well.
New mainscreen layout is much better, I really like the slightly bigger crosshair button.
The alternative routes look really great as well.

Only thing I'm really looking forward to see in the client is a higher contrast map color scheme.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am
Location: EUROPE
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby FrisbeeDog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:38 pm

How about some screen shots of the new home screen for those of us less privileged than beta testers? :)
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 am
Location: Apex, NC
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby cobra » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:52 pm

The new route display dialog is very nice, although it does not display more than one route for me. Is that for the future? When trying it, I had the display lock up on me, meaning that my car stopped moving on the underlying roads. I drove about a half mile, but the map display showed my car stuck prior to my last turn. The user interface was responsive, it just seemed not to update the current displayed location. I didn't know how to work around it, so I stopped the app and restarted it. It worked fine after the restart.
cobra
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:01 pm
Location: Lansdale, PA, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby robin1979 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:09 pm

cobra wrote:The new route display dialog is very nice, although it does not display more than one route for me. Is that for the future? When trying it, I had the display lock up on me, meaning that my car stopped moving on the underlying roads. I drove about a half mile, but the map display showed my car stuck prior to my last turn. The user interface was responsive, it just seemed not to update the current displayed location. I didn't know how to work around it, so I stopped the app and restarted it. It worked fine after the restart.


When it calculated the first route, you need to hit the big button on the right upper of the popup to calculate the other ones.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
 
Posts: 3034
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am
Location: EUROPE
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby ruppia » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

The new route display dialog is very nice, although it does not display more than one route for me. Is that for the future? When trying it, I had the display lock up on me, meaning that my car stopped moving on the underlying roads. I drove about a half mile, but the map display showed my car stuck prior to my last turn. The user interface was responsive, it just seemed not to update the current displayed location. I didn't know how to work around it, so I stopped the app and restarted it. It worked fine after the restart.


It happened twice also to me...

And here are some screenshot of new marvellous otion for alternate...

It's work but not always, but really a good job for me ... Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0420.PNG
IMG_0420.PNG (73.76 KiB) Viewed 6158 times
IMG_0422.PNG
IMG_0422.PNG (72.5 KiB) Viewed 6157 times
IMG_0421.PNG
IMG_0421.PNG (56.55 KiB) Viewed 6153 times
Last edited by ruppia on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------
Waze 2.0.1 - iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1)
Area Manager Torino
------------------------------------------
ruppia
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Turin
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby cobra » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

robin1979 wrote:
cobra wrote:The new route display dialog is very nice, although it does not display more than one route for me. Is that for the future? When trying it, I had the display lock up on me, meaning that my car stopped moving on the underlying roads. I drove about a half mile, but the map display showed my car stuck prior to my last turn. The user interface was responsive, it just seemed not to update the current displayed location. I didn't know how to work around it, so I stopped the app and restarted it. It worked fine after the restart.


When it calculated the first route, you need to hit the big button on the right upper of the popup to calculate the other ones.

Yes. When I do that it displays one route. Sorry if that was not clear.
cobra
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:01 pm
Location: Lansdale, PA, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: New iPhone beta version: 1.6.99.2

Postby sketch » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:04 pm

cobra wrote:Yes. When I do that it displays one route. Sorry if that was not clear.

It depends on the route. I tried a few times: twice it suggested two routes, once it only suggested one, and once it suggested three.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 5714
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has thanked: 1251 times
Been thanked: 1732 times

Next

Return to Official announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users