Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Experiencing technical difficulties

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
Can you put up an announcement regarding the technical difficulties you are experiencing? I assume it's related to the fact that I seem to either be unable to find anything via search or else it's trying to get me to drive to addresses in London, UK. (I am in Tennessee, USA.) Does that sound correct? :?:
MarkOnTheRoads

POSTER_ID:6650

Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by itamar
Most of it should be behind us by now. Search should be working in US except for landmarks (this will be added back on Sunday).

Sorry,
Itamar
itamar
Send a message

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
Not a problem Itamar. I am an IT guy myself and have been there as well. :D

Tried it out this morning again and happily I am not doing any more cross-atlantic drives in my car anymore. Come to think of it, I would have taken my wife's car if it came to that. :lol:
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by PeterG
Hi,
maybe you suffer from past server issues where some forum posts have been lost.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Sorry Itamar. I've been through those days myself, but the NA server cartouche seam to still be having issues.

"Try next aerial photo option" Does not seem to work. Click and nothing happens, no loading window.
Delete Node has the same problem. Click nothing happens.

Editing road segments, on Save the spinning icon comes up, but the map doesn't refresh. It appears the changes actually get saved, but you have refresh the map by manual means (change zoom level, scroll the map and back)

Thanks.

Update: Itamar posted in another thread that this should be fixed, and it is. Thanks.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by rhydabus
Why is another forum's topic redirecting here? I had started a topic in "Newcomers and General Discussion" (forum #13) regarding understanding the points breakdown listed on "My Dashboard". Now, when I try to go to that topic (http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2513) via a bookmarked URL, I end up here (same topic number #2513, but in Forum #18).

It seems almost too coincidental that "here" is a topic on technical difficulties. Ha!
But has my old topic been deleted? I don't see it in the index of "Newcomers and General Discussion topics" anymore. It has disappeared from my topic subscription list. And the number of forum posts listed on "My Dashboard" has gone down from the previous day.

Thanks for your help.
rhydabus
Send a message
Boulder, CO, USA
iPhone 3GS