Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Read here: Cartouche slow due to update!

Post by naesstrom
Ok, since the waze team doesn't make an announcement about it and I've been getting blind from reading all the "Cartouche doesn't work" threads I made one!

On february the 22nd Waze started importing the new mapgrid that they got from Intermap (link).

Waze started with all the roads in France and Germany, and since this quite a lot of roads that's getting pushed into the servers database and Cartouche it's been going slow. How you will notice this:

1. Your driven routes may take some extra time to show up in the dashboard
2. Changes you make in cartouche might not show or take longer before it shows in the live map
3. Editing in Cartouche may be sluggish or slow and seem buggy.
4. Other buggy behaviour...

Ok, this is just a few of the points that I've been seeing in the posts... but if you think for a minute about how much data that they are adding (ALL roads in 2 major countries) maybe it's not that surprising that it's slow.

Sit back and relax, all your precious points and km's will be added to your account, your edits that you can see in cartouche will be shown in the livemap and client eventually etc.
Sometime soon it might be your country that finally gets a new shiny grid with all the roads and all the others that's pissed since it doesn't seem to be working... it all evens out in the end!
naesstrom

POSTER_ID:89363

Send a message

Post by ookpic
I think for the most part, people are not "pissed" just frustrated that there is no information on what is going on. At least that is the case for myself. There is a waze blog, twitter, facbook and and announcements section in the forum. With all these social networking outlets, one would expect at least some notice on what is going on. I have no issues with database updates or laggy cartouche if I know it is that way because of maintenance.

BTW Do these new maps that are being loaded to france and germany cause slowdowns on the NA cartouche? I'm in Canada and our base maps just got loaded as well as the new editer and since then it has been slow and glitchy.

Thanks very much for the update! Please keep them coming.
ookpic
Send a message
2002 Jetta TDI - Slightly Modded ;)
iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.2 running Waze 1.7
TomTom iPhone Carkit
South Western Ontario Area Manager

Post by zzyzxuk
I think the point I'd like to make is that I'd rather hear this kind of stuff from someone at Waze's technical support, so that it's "official". I know enough about running databases to make an intelligent guess as to what's going on, but I'd rather have the official word on something rather than speculation.
zzyzxuk
Send a message