Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by tskramp
mlangen wrote:
Lemon wrote:To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.
I have had this exact same issue a few times. It's very annoying because it only happens with Waze. No other application causes this to happen.

Here is how I fix it most times. I lock the phone with the toplock button and then unlock it again after a couple of seconds. About 75% of the time the screen is fine. The other 25%... well that requires me having to power the phone down completely and restart it again. :cry:
That's what was happening to me when I had the calibration issue. I contacted HTC and had them send me a new phone, and haven't had a problem with it since then
tskramp
Send a message
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
Lemon wrote:tskramp, how old was your phone? i've rooted so i probably cant go down that route...
Ah, that's unfortunate. I have waited to root my phone so far because I had read about people having calibration issues. My phone was only a couple months old when I was having issues with it. I've had the replacement now for 2 or 3 months with no further issues.
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
Still no news on when a new android version is coming out? My current problem is the whole phone restarting about half the time waze is up. And I'm 99% sure it's waze since the uptime will be several hours, then either as soon as I turn on waze, or shortly after it decides to restart.
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
grebble wrote:But Waze guys, please, ease off on the love for the sodding iPhone! You may argue that 'most' of your users are on iPhone, but even if, for example, 40% of your user base uses it (which I find hard to believe), that's still 60% - the majority - that don't. Issuing updates for the iPhone long before anything else, and really making a big deal of it, serves only to annoy the users of other platforms that don't have - and probably don't want - the overpriced, overhyped POS. Spotify (European music streaming service) have the same kind of philosophy, and really get flamed on their blog comments for it. It would be far better to have simultaneous releases for all platforms, and if that's not possible, at least have a beta available (even better, nightly builds as damaniac suggests), that we can try out and give useful feedback on.
Even if they're largest base is iPhone, I would imagine that the number of users on Android is catching up. There are several articles about how much/fast Android is growing, it's only a matter of time before the Android user base surpasses the iPhone user base...
http://androidcommunity.com/200k-androi ... -20100805/
http://androidcommunity.com/npd-android ... -20100804/
http://techland.com/2010/07/08/androids ... lse-slips/
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
unwallflower wrote:I wonder if the crashing problems are related to specific phones.

I sort of suspect that the older, less powerful phones are the ones having the force close and crashing troubles. That would explain why my friend's G1 crashes almost every time he tries to use it, while my Evo has rarely crashed at all.
Mine crashes on my Nexus One. Not that often, but usually after it reboots my phone, when I try and start waze up again when it comes back up, it then reboots 5 seconds after opening waze. so I generally just don't use waze again during that drive.
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
krankyd wrote:new beta version will come out any day now, and should resolve the issues with the stability on froyo and others.
The problem with swype is due to a problem with Swype, and not waze (confirmed by swype - the delete has a problem in other applications as well).
Next version will support native text box integration, and should resolve this issue as well.
From July 27th....I thought any day now meant within a week, maybe 2 if you really are pushing the expression...going on three weeks is definitely not any day though. it will be nice when it comes out, if it does anytime soon. sick of getting my phone rebooted.
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
rcocchiararo wrote:i have NO idea how to become an area manager, but im still waiting for Area managers in Argentina to accept so many of my modifications :/
To become an area manager just send an email to alpha@waze.com with a permalink to the area you wish to be a area manager for and you'll get a response usually fairly quickly letting you know they did it.
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tskramp
well why you're trying to figure out the issues have you not added other features to it? If the issue isn't so much waze as it is froyo could you not release a new version, or at least a beta for us to test, or does the new version add in additional crashes?
tskramp
Send a message
Waze 1.9.0

Post by tukak
Android Version 1.10.99.121 (updated 12/09/2010 11:25):
http://tiny.cc/11099121
tukak
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
It IS a shame that waze has been losing quite a few followers lately.

I feel like I'm the only android user who ISN'T encountering stability issues. Waze has maybe crashed on my phone twice, if that. However, I have a friend who stopped using waze because it was unusably unstable on his android phone. Wonder why we aren't experiencing the same problems? Both of us have 1.9 installed.

I'm mostly satisfied with waze, although I am disappointed in its unreliability in other areas. I'm still missing a route that support said was lost, then claimed was found... but it never showed up. *shrug* It is what it is. I no longer spend the same amount of time editing maps as I used to. It just doesn't seem worth my time when everything is so unreliable. I just hope it becomes more stable eventually.
unwallflower
Send a message