Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Post by
topic now locked, please see post with the latest beta 1.10.99.122

====

Update -
version 1.8.99.105 includes:
* Fonts fix (Critical for Nexus running OS 2.2)
* Edit map button (Landscape mode)
http://tiny.cc/1899106 (updated 242/06/2010)

====

Bringing the Android release up to par with the iPhone 1.8 version and with some items from the upcoming 1.9 release:
Mainly bug corrections, but also map color ehnahcements and scoreboard.
Almost forgot - ability to clear the map tiles cache to enable new ones to load.
http://tiny.cc/1899106 (updated 24/06/2010 00:45)

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by alex
Lemon wrote:Has anyone else been using 2.2 froyo with this version of Waze (1.8.99.104)?

Mine works so far but a lot of the writing is blurred in the application. Just wondering what other users experiences are so far?
StefanSarzio wrote:I've got that too.

What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.
Hi Lemon, StefanSarzio
Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,

Thanks in advance,

AGA
alex
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by alex
rcocchiararo wrote:I have a motorola milestone.

Both .105 and .106 ended up hanging (or hanging my phone) after trips of an hour or so.

should i go back to 1.7 and see if it worked fine ?
Hi rcocchiararo,
Can you notice some symptoms before hanging up: device overheat, network/gps failures?
What are the applications running in parallel?

Thanks in advance,
AGA
alex
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by alex
grebble wrote: ...
I must say, the only app on my phone that is unstable and crashes regularly is Waze. Yet is was rock solid on my Nokia 5800. Maybe the whole app on Android needs to be re-visited from the ground up.

Hi grebble,
Did you encounter the stability problems in the latest (1.8.99.106 or 1.9.0.0) versions?
Can you connect the crashes timing to some activity: execution of application, device connection etc...?

Thanks in advance,
AGA
alex
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Alty
Somehow, this beta version has completely broken for me.

For some reason, it seems all network functions have broken.

Phone: Motorola Milestone, Android 2.1
Waze: 1.8.99.103

It worked really well initially, then suddenly I fired it up and it said "initializing..." which is fine, but then it says something like "no network" regardless of whether I'm on HSDPA or Wifi, attempted to Send Logs, but naturally as Waze thought there was no net connection, it couldn't send the logs either.

Rather stupidly, I forgot to copy the logs over before attempting to reinstall Waze to rectify the problem as far as I can tell, anyway, since the "debug" folder that was there before has now disappeared and waze_log.txt starts on June 1st.

As an aside point, I think the SD card may have been damaged (forgot to unmount it from the computer one time a couple of weeks ago [Android just now has decided to report it as 'damaged', have attempted to run fsck but that's not fixing the error]) but given timeframes I doubt that this could have caused my waze issue?

Apologies for not having logs, but I hope that I've provided *some* information.

Edit: Have formatted and fixed my SD card, reinstalled Waze having wiped all settings/logs. Will report if it happens again.
Alty
Send a message
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •

Post by Alty
grebble wrote: So I'm not too happy with the app this morning. It's the first one to completely crash my phone :cry:
I think you've been quite lucky in that respect, I used to get countless force closes and complete crashes (taking the battery out being the only way to fix it; I'm just glad I can take the battery out unlike my old iPhone [not that I wazed on my iPhone])
Alty
Send a message
• phone: motorola milestone - android 2.1 • waze: 1.8.99.103 • car: renault megane •

Post by aride4ever
Ok so I picked up a samsung Epic 4G from sprint, great phone android 2.1. Installed waze and installed the version 1.9x from the app store. It worked but had some serious force close issues. I installed the beta yesterday all is good except I can not get rid of the annoying look out for a yummy 25pt candy message at the top. It blocks out a few CM of the screen. there is a microscopic x in the bottom right but it is to small to press on the capacitive screen w/o pressing the underlying zoom button. How have my fellow waze'rs closed this message ? Does it show up on your screen ?
aride4ever
Send a message
Area Manager ( SE Florida )
Ride: 2007 Chevy Equanox
Fun: 2008 Harley Davidson Sportser 1200R
even more fun : Bourget's Fat Daddy Super Stretch
Look me up if your interesting in chewing up some road.

Post by Ayindi
Hi,

for the guys who want to leave Waze: My suggestion is, to run it in background and use Google Nav instead. Thats the way I do it currently. Have not had a single crash running it in background, but a lot when I ran it in foreground.
You will at least gather data and can choose to take over a more active role once everything runs better...
I do not expect that Waze will be usable for the "big public" in Germany for the next one or two years, but at least I gather data and do updates in the editor from time to time. Navigation is still almost completely unusable here...
Ayindi
Send a message

Post by BalsbyMange
I have the same on my waze, always crashing after editing a road and then clicking ok

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk
BalsbyMange
Send a message
Area Manager Kristianstad, Skåne and Blekinge Sweden
iPhone 5, iOS 7

Post by bartender76
@mrtiger: no
bartender76
Send a message
AM Stockholm to Nyköping
Nexus One - Android v2.3.4 - Waze v2.4.0.26

Post by canadiancow
I have a feature request that can be easily added.

In AndroidManifest.xml, can you change:

Code: Select all

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" android:targetSdkVersion="4" />
to:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="3" android:targetSdkVersion="8" />
as well as change the SDK you're building against to match, so that you can add:

android:installLocation="auto"
to the <manifest> tag in AndroidManifest.xml.

It would be really nice to be able to install Waze to the SD card in Froyo.
canadiancow
Send a message