Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by khaytsus
damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.
Me too.. Still same experience as (I think) 104, 105, and now 106.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by khaytsus
Lemon wrote:Is there any way to manually calibrate the LED screen instead of sending back to HTC?
Nope, there's no concept of calibration on a capacitive screen. It knows exactly where you are touching.

It's not a calibration issue, I'm still thinking it's a software issue, but it could be weird grounding or feedback problems.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by krankyd
damaniac wrote:Hi,

great thing that the road record button is gone. It will save a lot of time cleaning the map up after the newbies. However still no 3D Mode and never a word why it's gone?!

regards
damaniac
A few versions back we switched to OpenGL graphics. This change made waze run a lot smoother and faster, but also caused some problems with previous features that have to be rewritten. 3D mode caused waze to crash which is why we removed it from HD display devices. Sorry if this wasn't clear from previous posts.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
new beta version will come out any day now, and should resolve the issues with the stability on froyo and others.
The problem with swype is due to a problem with Swype, and not waze (confirmed by swype - the delete has a problem in other applications as well).
Next version will support native text box integration, and should resolve this issue as well.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by krankyd
hi guys,
I'm closing this topic as we're releasing a new beta 1.10.99.122 and I will open a new thread for that one.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by Lemon
Has anyone else been using 2.2 froyo with this version of Waze (1.8.99.104)?

Mine works so far but a lot of the writing is blurred in the application. Just wondering what other users experiences are so far?
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.

When trying to report a problem on the bottom half of the Nexus One while in Waze, i am often presented with reporting a 'foursquare check-in' report, though i'm trying to report a 'chit chat'. It usually takes several tries to get to the 'chit-chat' report. Once i'm in to the chit chat, i want to enter a description, so i tap the description text box (near the top of the screen). No problem. I'm in the text box now, the keyboard pops up. Now i'm not using the android keyboard but Swype (you swipe to each letter in the word to create your text). Now i feel this way because in the Swype keyboard you can half your Swype path be recorded. When i start typing any key away from the bottom of the keyboard, that touch input is immediately recorded as a touch at the bottom of the screen. I assume this is what is happening when i am in the 'select reports' screen as well (why i get a foursquare check-in report when i want a chit chat).

This is hard to explain but is anyone else experiencing a similar issue on your Nexus One with Waze? This has not happened in any application besides waze since i've had this Nexus One (3 months).
Lemon
Send a message
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by Lemon
tskramp wrote:
mlangen wrote:
Lemon wrote:To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.
I have had this exact same issue a few times. It's very annoying because it only happens with Waze. No other application causes this to happen.

Here is how I fix it most times. I lock the phone with the toplock button and then unlock it again after a couple of seconds. About 75% of the time the screen is fine. The other 25%... well that requires me having to power the phone down completely and restart it again. :cry:
That's what was happening to me when I had the calibration issue. I contacted HTC and had them send me a new phone, and haven't had a problem with it since then
tskramp, how old was your phone? i've rooted so i probably cant go down that route...
Lemon
Send a message

Post by Lemon
[/quote]
Yeah, that sounds like "Nexus One Screwy ClearTouch2000". Touch one spot, registers elsewhere.

Next time it happens, go into standby for a second, hit power again.. Unlock as needed. Is it fixed?

I see this periodically, but not at all restricted to just in Waze.. In fact not sure I've ever seen it in waze.[/quote]

I'll give this a shot. I assume standby being that the screen goes blank for a second and then bring it back up.

Is there any way to manually calibrate the LED screen instead of sending back to HTC?
Lemon
Send a message

Post by Lemon
Where is this latest version of 1.9 for android? I only see 1.8.99.106
Lemon
Send a message