Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).
Post by Lemon
How much longer? Its been a while since Android has been given attention on Waze...
Lemon
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c2/T ... ogo_sm.JPG
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager

Post by MarcoPon
Same here: crash assured after confirming a street update.
MarcoPon
Send a message
Waze 1.8.99.103 on Motorola Milestone 2.1.

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
Lemon wrote:To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.
I have had this exact same issue a few times. It's very annoying because it only happens with Waze. No other application causes this to happen.

Here is how I fix it most times. I lock the phone with the toplock button and then unlock it again after a couple of seconds. About 75% of the time the screen is fine. The other 25%... well that requires me having to power the phone down completely and restart it again. :cry:
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by mortuus
Something is wrong for me with this new version, when i enter program i cant access the menu, nothing happens when i press it, also icant zoom in or out as i dont see the buttons, i have uninstalled and try again same again, worked perfect previous version now the program is wrecked..
mortuus
Send a message
HTC Desire - Sweden, Malmö

Post by mrtiger
Must i uninstall my old waze before i install the new version of waze?
mrtiger
Send a message

Post by mrtiger
Watt25 wrote:
damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.
Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.
Same here.
mrtiger
Send a message

Post by mrtiger
mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:
damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.
Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.
Same here.
Its the same problem with .106 also:(
mrtiger
Send a message

Post by muchski
I love this version, great job Waze team.

Only thing that doesn't seem to work is the Friends part of the scoreboard.

And I would love to be able from the client, so hopefully that is fixed and readded soon!

Anyone having an issue that when you press home button or leave waze in background it will lose network connectivity if you come back 5 mins later, but not if you quickly go to another app and go back. I have an auto task killer with waze set as exception, so any ideas why it is losing network connectivity if still open in background? Thanks!

Can't wait for 1.9, or the hypersocial version! Hopefully soon!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
I hope that the recent *.105 update isn't in lieu of the brand spanking new 1.9.99.* version all other platforms have been graced with! Poor Waze team, nonstop complaints from people like me just because the versions aren't 100% aligned all the time! I am just really waiting for the FB connect feature to work properly along with the Traffic tweet integration from twitter! I wonder if anyone in my town is tweeting in traffic now! I should tweet them back about Waze which i will soon be able to do from the client! :D
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
yeah I hope stability issues keep getting worked on and that the hypersocial version comes soon!
muchski
Send a message