New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Postby DAmaNIac » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi,

small update on the version 1.8.99.106, FB connectivity is still not working. After you click on the connect button, a loading screen pops up, but nothing happens, you have to click the "back" button on the phone 3 times to make these messages disappear and it seems that there are actually 3 loading messages as you can see them fade after each press of the back button.
After you removed the loading messages you can click on the name and pw boxes, but you can't enter anything...

BR
damaniac
DAmaNIac

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.105

Postby khaytsus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 am

damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.

Me too.. Still same experience as (I think) 104, 105, and now 106.
khaytsus

Postby mrtiger » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 am

mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.

Same here.

Its the same problem with .106 also:(
mrtiger

Postby selectormoldy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 pm

mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:

BR
damaniac

Same here.

Also having this problem in .105 - and it appears that the "Loading" box is stacking on top of itself numerous times. I can hit the back arrow a number of times until it lets me click a field on the Facebook page, but it won't accept hardware keyboard input nor does it bring up the software keyboard.
selectormoldy

Postby mrtiger » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 am

Watt25 wrote:

BR
damaniac

Same here.
mrtiger

Postby muchski » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

I hope that the recent *.105 update isn't in lieu of the brand spanking new 1.9.99.* version all other platforms have been graced with! Poor Waze team, nonstop complaints from people like me just because the versions aren't 100% aligned all the time! I am just really waiting for the FB connect feature to work properly along with the Traffic tweet integration from twitter! I wonder if anyone in my town is tweeting in traffic now! I should tweet them back about Waze which i will soon be able to do from the client! :D
muchski

Postby naesstrom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

same for me, Android 2.1 and the .105 version
naesstrom

Postby Watt25 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

BR
damaniac

Watt25
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kabooz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:04 pm

BR
damaniac

I get the same behavior on my HTC Desire. If I click the back button it seems like there is another box of some kind behind the loading box because a single click just remove a drop shadow behind the loading box. Another back click leave me at the connect page without any possibility to enable the keyboard.
kabooz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby DAmaNIac » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 am

Hi,

BR
damaniac

DAmaNIac

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements