New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.104

Postby muchski » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I love this version, great job Waze team.

Only thing that doesn't seem to work is the Friends part of the scoreboard.

And I would love to be able from the client, so hopefully that is fixed and readded soon!

Anyone having an issue that when you press home button or leave waze in background it will lose network connectivity if you come back 5 mins later, but not if you quickly go to another app and go back. I have an auto task killer with waze set as exception, so any ideas why it is losing network connectivity if still open in background? Thanks!

Can't wait for 1.9, or the hypersocial version! Hopefully soon!
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire
muchski

Postby samex99 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:04 pm

The same here... leaving waze in background while answers a call or reading some tweets works fine... but not for a few minutes...

using android 1.6
samex99

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.105

Postby damaniac » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 am

Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.
Area Manager Hamburg/Germany
Samsung Galaxy S2
damaniac

Postby kabooz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:04 pm

damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

I get the same behavior on my HTC Desire. If I click the back button it seems like there is another box of some kind behind the loading box because a single click just remove a drop shadow behind the loading box. Another back click leave me at the connect page without any possibility to enable the keyboard.
kabooz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby alex » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 am

Lemon wrote:Has anyone else been using 2.2 froyo with this version of Waze (1.8.99.104)?

Mine works so far but a lot of the writing is blurred in the application. Just wondering what other users experiences are so far?

StefanSarzio wrote:I've got that too.

What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.

Hi Lemon, StefanSarzio
Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,

Thanks in advance,

AGA
alex
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby tskramp » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm

alex wrote:
Lemon wrote:Has anyone else been using 2.2 froyo with this version of Waze (1.8.99.104)?

Mine works so far but a lot of the writing is blurred in the application. Just wondering what other users experiences are so far?

StefanSarzio wrote:I've got that too.

What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.

Hi Lemon, StefanSarzio
Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,

Thanks in advance,

AGA

I never noticed the text blurred. I did have it where it would show little boxes around each text element, but never had it blurr.
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0
tskramp

Postby StefanSarzio » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 pm

alex wrote:Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,

Hi Alex, it didn't work out. I've sent a log.

Thank you for looking into this!
StefanSarzio

Postby Watt25 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

damaniac wrote:Hi,

BR
damaniac

Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.
Samsung Galaxy SIII LTE - Android 4.4
Area Manager: Érd - Martonvásár - Dunaújváros háromszögben
Ford Mondeo MK2 Tournier
Watt25
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby naesstrom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

same for me, Android 2.1 and the .105 version
naesstrom

Postby muchski » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 pm

I hope that the recent *.105 update isn't in lieu of the brand spanking new 1.9.99.* version all other platforms have been graced with! Poor Waze team, nonstop complaints from people like me just because the versions aren't 100% aligned all the time! I am just really waiting for the FB connect feature to work properly along with the Traffic tweet integration from twitter! I wonder if anyone in my town is tweeting in traffic now! I should tweet them back about Waze which i will soon be able to do from the client! :D
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire
muchski

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements