New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.105

Postby mrtiger » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 am

Watt25 wrote:
damaniac wrote:Hi,

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

PS: Trying the alternative login screen doesn't work too.

Same problem here with version 104 and 105 too.

Same here.
mrtiger

Postby selectormoldy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:03 pm

mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:

I found a little bug in the new version 1.8.99.105. If you go to the Scoreboard and try to enter your Facebook name and password it doesn't allow any text. First it takes forever with the "Loading" message and when it displays the FB screen, you can click on the fields for name and pw, but it doesn't open the on-screen keyboard and if you use the Milestone hardware keyboard you can't enter any text.

BR
damaniac

Same here.

Also having this problem in .105 - and it appears that the "Loading" box is stacking on top of itself numerous times. I can hit the back arrow a number of times until it lets me click a field on the Facebook page, but it won't accept hardware keyboard input nor does it bring up the software keyboard.
selectormoldy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Postby damaniac » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi,

small update on the version 1.8.99.106, FB connectivity is still not working. After you click on the connect button, a loading screen pops up, but nothing happens, you have to click the "back" button on the phone 3 times to make these messages disappear and it seems that there are actually 3 loading messages as you can see them fade after each press of the back button.
After you removed the loading messages you can click on the name and pw boxes, but you can't enter anything...

BR
damaniac
Area Manager Hamburg/Germany
Samsung Galaxy S2
damaniac

Postby Lemon » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:22 pm

To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.

When trying to report a problem on the bottom half of the Nexus One while in Waze, i am often presented with reporting a 'foursquare check-in' report, though i'm trying to report a 'chit chat'. It usually takes several tries to get to the 'chit-chat' report. Once i'm in to the chit chat, i want to enter a description, so i tap the description text box (near the top of the screen). No problem. I'm in the text box now, the keyboard pops up. Now i'm not using the android keyboard but Swype (you swipe to each letter in the word to create your text). Now i feel this way because in the Swype keyboard you can half your Swype path be recorded. When i start typing any key away from the bottom of the keyboard, that touch input is immediately recorded as a touch at the bottom of the screen. I assume this is what is happening when i am in the 'select reports' screen as well (why i get a foursquare check-in report when i want a chit chat).

This is hard to explain but is anyone else experiencing a similar issue on your Nexus One with Waze? This has not happened in any application besides waze since i've had this Nexus One (3 months).
Nexus One | Waze 1.8.99.104 | 2007 Volkswagen GTI | Twin Cities Metro Area Manager | Northeast Iowa Area Manager
Lemon

Postby tskramp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:17 am

Lemon wrote:To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

My hypothesis is that while in Waze touch input near the bottom or in the bottom half of the screen is perceived as touch input at the very bottom of the screen.

When trying to report a problem on the bottom half of the Nexus One while in Waze, i am often presented with reporting a 'foursquare check-in' report, though i'm trying to report a 'chit chat'. It usually takes several tries to get to the 'chit-chat' report. Once i'm in to the chit chat, i want to enter a description, so i tap the description text box (near the top of the screen). No problem. I'm in the text box now, the keyboard pops up. Now i'm not using the android keyboard but Swype (you swipe to each letter in the word to create your text). Now i feel this way because in the Swype keyboard you can half your Swype path be recorded. When i start typing any key away from the bottom of the keyboard, that touch input is immediately recorded as a touch at the bottom of the screen. I assume this is what is happening when i am in the 'select reports' screen as well (why i get a foursquare check-in report when i want a chit chat).

This is hard to explain but is anyone else experiencing a similar issue on your Nexus One with Waze? This has not happened in any application besides waze since i've had this Nexus One (3 months).

I have had no problems similar to this. It sounds like it's a calibration issue, though you said you're only having this problem in waze, so that's a bit strange....
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0
tskramp

Postby StefanSarzio » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:24 am

I've heard of similar reports with the touchscreen that were not specific to Waze, but related to the phone being docked (or was it when on power?!). Do you use a dock? Is the phone powered? Could you test without the power cord attached?
StefanSarzio

Postby mrtiger » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:49 am

mrtiger wrote:
Watt25 wrote:

BR
damaniac

Same here.

Its the same problem with .106 also:(
mrtiger

Postby MarkOnTheRoads » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:15 pm

Lemon wrote:To anyone using a Nexus one with these beta versions, have you had the following problem:

I have had this exact same issue a few times. It's very annoying because it only happens with Waze. No other application causes this to happen.

Here is how I fix it most times. I lock the phone with the toplock button and then unlock it again after a couple of seconds. About 75% of the time the screen is fine. The other 25%... well that requires me having to power the phone down completely and restart it again. :cry:
Nexus One
Area Manager Murfreesboro, TN
MarkOnTheRoads

Postby tskramp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm

mlangen wrote:

I have had this exact same issue a few times. It's very annoying because it only happens with Waze. No other application causes this to happen.

Here is how I fix it most times. I lock the phone with the toplock button and then unlock it again after a couple of seconds. About 75% of the time the screen is fine. The other 25%... well that requires me having to power the phone down completely and restart it again. :cry:

That's what was happening to me when I had the calibration issue. I contacted HTC and had them send me a new phone, and haven't had a problem with it since then
Area Manager: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, Summerville, Hanahan SC
Phone: Nexus One (Froyo)
Waze 1.9.0
tskramp

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.104

Postby StefanSarzio » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:59 pm

alex wrote:
StefanSarzio wrote:What bothers me more is that Waze hangs and needs to be force-closed when you de-activate car mode from the notification bar.

Version 1.8.99.105 ( http://tiny.cc/1899105) is supposed to resolve this issue. We'll appreciate your feedback,

It still doesn't work in 1.8.99.106.
StefanSarzio

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements