New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: New Android Beta Version - 1.8.99.106

Postby jedwards » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 pm

It got much worse for me after my phone was upgraded to 2.2 yesterday. Worked for about 5 minutes of a 30 minute drive to work this morning. I have had to pull the battery out of the phone at least 5 times today. Was working ok before 2.2, pretty much unusable at this point.
jedwards

Postby unwallflower » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:30 pm

grebble wrote:
unwallflower wrote:Guess I have to eat my words. In the past three days waze has gone from never crashing at all to rebooting my phone. I wouldn't call it unusable (yet, at least), but it has crashed twice in the past few days.

Great.

I've gone the other way. I had Waze running today for about 40 minutes, driving around, recording new roads, and it didn't crash once. Strange!

:lol:

I've tried to figure out a reasoning behind who experiences crashes and who doesn't, but it seems there's no rhyme or reason!

I suspect that mine can be at least partially attributed to updating to Android 2.2 a couple of weeks ago... but waze worked perfectly fine for a week or two afterward. Just now started crashing. Who knows... :|
unwallflower

Postby grebble » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 am

unwallflower wrote:Guess I have to eat my words. In the past three days waze has gone from never crashing at all to rebooting my phone. I wouldn't call it unusable (yet, at least), but it has crashed twice in the past few days.

Great.

I've gone the other way. I had Waze running today for about 40 minutes, driving around, recording new roads, and it didn't crash once. Strange!
grebble

Postby unwallflower » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Guess I have to eat my words. In the past three days waze has gone from never crashing at all to rebooting my phone. I wouldn't call it unusable (yet, at least), but it has crashed twice in the past few days.

Great.
unwallflower

Postby kabooz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 am

It has been working quite well for me, during the summer, but recently I started getting reboots while navigating as well. I haven't found a pattern yet other than I think it crashed at the same place twice, will check that tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
kabooz
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1

Postby Wekkel » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:32 pm

I got the same random crash issues with 1.9.0.0 and Froyo 2.2 (official HTC Desire update). Guess Waze team needs to rework the Android client a bit more.
Wekkel

Postby gerben » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 pm

damaniac wrote:I am an area manager currently and I also used to edit the streets I drive in other areas, although it's kind of difficult if you don't have all the rights. However now I don't have the right to edit the streets from last weekend, although cartouche can show me that I drove there a few days ago.
So it may be just another problems somewhere in the waze universe, however it adds up the annoyance factor of this...

I guess this is the cause:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4983
gerben

Postby tskramp » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:51 pm

rcocchiararo wrote:i have NO idea how to become an area manager, but im still waiting for Area managers in Argentina to accept so many of my modifications :/

To become an area manager just send an email to alpha@waze.com with a permalink to the area you wish to be a area manager for and you'll get a response usually fairly quickly letting you know they did it.
tskramp

Postby DAmaNIac » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:36 pm

I am an area manager currently and I also used to edit the streets I drive in other areas, although it's kind of difficult if you don't have all the rights. However now I don't have the right to edit the streets from last weekend, although cartouche can show me that I drove there a few days ago.
So it may be just another problems somewhere in the waze universe, however it adds up the annoyance factor of this...
DAmaNIac

Postby rcocchiararo » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:33 pm

damaniac wrote:Hi,

as predicted Waze crashed several times over the weekend when in front just running or when you tried to touch a button. But it's definitely no heat problem, because several times I use various navigation software parallel like Waze, Google Navigation and Navigon. Only Waze will crash or reboot the phone even when you don't touch it. The worst part is, that it crashed as soon as soon as it had to load a new map tile. When you restart it, it tries to load this tiles again and crashed instantly. This goes on for at least 10 times, which becomes quite annoying. Now I just let in run in the background and don't touch it at all. If it crashes in the background I don't care anymore, because even for the parts I drove I still have no edit permissions after 4 days.
As for the heat problem, I just placed my phones so that a constant flow of cool air from the air conditioning will keep the phone at a cool temperature.

So, now I have 500 kms of streets I can't edit perfectly because of the lack of constant permission. I wonder how many points one must have to be allowed a little more permissions?!
It's just frustrating!!! If Waze pays my gas bill I will gladly just drive around all day, but I don't drive around just so maybe Waze will give me edit permissions on the 4th or 5th run... no way.

damaniac
Ex-Waze-User?!?

I think that you can only instantly edit a road YOU made with the mapping tool in waze or in cartouche.

Roads or stuff from other people have to be supervised by area managers, and i have NO idea how to become an area manager, but im still waiting for Area managers in Argentina to accept so many of my modifications :/
rcocchiararo

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements