Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

New WM beta version - 1.8.99.202

Post by
Hi guys,
Here's the latest beta version, which supports most 1.9 new features (missing feature - you cannot edit street names from within the application).

From some initial testings, there might still be freezing problems, but this version has better stability which is why we decided on posting it here, while still working on fixing the freezing issues.

http://tinyurl.com/326n4dh: Standard Touch Phone
http://tinyurl.com/335w4h4: WVGA Touch Phone

Your feedback, as always, is appreciated

thanks!

POSTER_ID:84

Send a message

Post by arestivo
My view on the new WM waze client:
  • Fonts seem bigger/uglier. I had to double check to see if I had downloaded the VGA version by mistake.
  • The client seems slower to react than the 1.8.0 version.
  • You can now force the map to be refreshed. :D
  • Never freezed but I never had freezing problems with previous versions (well, maybe once a week or something).
  • New data compression and data monitor options (still haven't tried them).
  • Still no scoreboard or voice guidance for turns that are close together.
arestivo
Send a message
André Restivo
Porto, Portugal - Area Manager
Android

Post by bobnuts
Sorry to report that 1.8.99.202 pretty much freezes before I can do anything useful. Seems to be if I choose any item from main screen such as Reports etc.

Will test on my regular commute Monday AM. Otherwise back to 1.8.0 for me.

NB as per sig; I am running a 5.5 year old PDA with 'custom' wm 6.1 ROM

HTH

RiK
bobnuts
Send a message
Present: Huawei Honor 9 running Android 9

Previous:
HTC Desire HD in Dash-Caddy cradle.

Windows Mobile Version 1.9.99.301 beta on a 6 year old HP Hx4700 Windows Mobile 6.5 (Custom ROM) Pocket PC via a 3G MiFi mobile internet router and cradle serial GPS receiver.

Post by bobnuts
My imagination but I have the feeling 1.8.99.202 has become more stable the more I use it, maybe its related to the map data its downloaded??

I do get some lock ups but I have traced this to occurring when ActiveSync is trying to check for new mail in the background. I know this because I noted the time of the freeze and checked, when at rest, the last time ActiveSync connected and they are the same times.

Sticking with 1.8.99.202 for now.

Hope this helps

RiK
bobnuts
Send a message

Previous:

Windows Mobile Version 1.9.99.301 beta on a 6 year old HP Hx4700 Windows Mobile 6.5 (Custom ROM) Pocket PC via a 3G MiFi mobile internet router and cradle serial GPS receiver.

Post by bobnuts
deeggo wrote:
Bobnuts wrote:I do get some lock ups but I have traced this to occurring when ActiveSync is trying to check for new mail in the background. I know this because I noted the time of the freeze and checked, when at rest, the last time ActiveSync connected and they are the same times.
Are you using ActiveSync to get your gmail pushed to your device, like me? Then the connection will always be 'connected', until the lock up. So the time of lock up will automatically be the same as the last sync time. For now I am suspecting the moment that my battery reaches 100% due to my car charger...
That's interesting. I assumed that ActiveSync would check my Gmail every 10 mins as I had setup. But of course, push does not work like that.

Will monitor the battery charging theory. I guess one way is to try it without any power connected and see if it freezes before the battery runs out.

RiK
bobnuts
Send a message

Previous:

Post by bobnuts
Today was the start of the Waze World Cup competition. Every time I travelled over a football on my commute home, waze locked up. After a couple of program restarts it locked again so I thought I would leave running as is until I got home.

The weird thing is it may have been just the PDA display locked as I heard the 'bonus' sound again a couple of times during the rest of my trip, so I think the application was still running but not writing to the screen.

Is there anyway to 'opt out' of the competition?

Rgds

RiK

P.S. There are a couple of balls near where I live so I might run over them tomorow to see if I can predict a lock-up
bobnuts
Send a message

Previous:

Post by deeggo
Yeah! Checking it out ASAP!
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
HSOC wrote:the WGA version reports that the version is 1.8.99.201
It does indeed! The cab says 202, but after install the about window says 201.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
You mean something else than what you get from the star button (third icon) on the top?
ScreenShot1.Png
Waze 1.8.99.202 screenshot
(133.97 KiB) Downloaded 2287 times
Well, my biggest hope for this new version is stability, stability and more stability. I'm rather pleased on how it looks. Sure, it could always be better, and some functionality good be improved, but I would be happy if it would just never crash.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Well, I left 1.8.99.202 running on my D2 in the window for an hour and it was still running when I got back. Tomorrow, I will test in on the road.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Well, I drove for one hour this morning, no freezes or crashes. So I was very excited!! Then I drove back home for another hour and after app. 45 mins Waze froze my phone unfortunately.

So, maybe it's a little bit better than 1.8.0, but not there yet!

HTC Touch Diamond2 WM6.5, running flitsnav in the background.

Oh, and thanks for explaining what you meant with scoreboard, svache.
deeggo
Send a message