Blackberry last update issues

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderators: Jackson, krankyd, Unholy

Re: Blackberry last update issues

Postby Fire942 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Same here too :(
Fire942

Blackberry last update issues

Postby gass » Sat May 22, 2010 8:33 pm

I updated Waze on my Blackberry Bold 9700 to last version 1.5.5 and since that moment my account lost around 500 points. When I check my info thru the mobile app it only shows 2500 points (I had almost 3000), but If I check my account thru website, it then shows my actualized 3600 points (approx). Also my ranking seems to be stucked on 6638 for the last 3 days, even after actualization, won't go upper or lower.

When I start the app, it shows a message saying "Seems we're unable to display dynamic graphic elements on the map due to low storage memory on this phone". Actually my BB phone has 105Mb of operative memory all free, and 1.5Gb free on the SD card. If the app needs more than that, you shouldn't developed it that way for Blackberry phones, since generally no user will have more memory available than that. I've seen iPhone app, and of course it's far better, but due to job issues I need to use a Blackberry.

Please help!!! I'd like to keep earning my points and improving my ranking!!!

Best regards y'all,
gass

Postby gass » Mon May 24, 2010 1:52 pm

This issue is still happening... Seems my account (username: gass) is completely frozen... no points or ranking increase. I use waze everyday.
gass

Postby gass » Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 pm

Today I got a boost of 1300 points approx... Maybe someone from support did something, any tips here? Or probably just the system came up to all those previosly vanished points... Any clue?
gass

Postby gass » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:52 pm

I was frozen on ranking 6538 for weeks, but after I surpassed the 10000 points barrier, came up to ranking 1452 at once... That's great!!! Also I actualized to last Blackberry version, and it's working fine.

Only detail with this last version is a little issue with reports... Since I get a lot of mistaken reports with network itinerancy, whether I go from 3G to EDGE or the way around, my traffic reports go to "error" a lot, not knowing if I'm still getting score.

I'm #5 on my country, always competing with friends...

Regards,
gass

Postby jonprivate » Mon May 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Here is an issue I haven't seen mentioned with this latest update for the blackberry's. In the last 4 days I have driven 900+ miles with this app turned on, and I haven't seen any updates to my dashboard that I have even driven anywhere. :evil:
Verizon BlackBerry Storm
jonprivate

Postby jonprivate » Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

gass wrote:Today I got a boost of 1300 points approx... Maybe someone from support did something, any tips here? Or probably just the system came up to all those previosly vanished points... Any clue?

I hope they fix my account, I have been stuck with the same points now for more than a week. Wonder if this app will tell me if the trail is slow when I go hiking this weekend? :lol:
Verizon BlackBerry Storm
jonprivate

Postby jonprivate » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:15 am

Looks like they fixed the points issue. Mine is correct now, or so it seems to be. Much better than before when nothing changed for a very long time.
Verizon BlackBerry Storm
jonprivate

Postby jonprivate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 pm

karlos349 wrote:I had the same issue as well. My points seem to be correct now, but my rank hasn't changed in a good 3 weeks or so.

I think it's harder to change ranks the higher you get. I have noticed this also, that I might be changing ranks by 4 or 5 at a time.
Verizon BlackBerry Storm
jonprivate

Postby jonprivate » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:21 pm

gass wrote:I was frozen on ranking 6538 for weeks, but after I surpassed the 10000 points barrier, came up to ranking 1452 at once... That's great!!! Also I actualized to last Blackberry version, and it's working fine.

Only detail with this last version is a little issue with reports... Since I get a lot of mistaken reports with network itinerancy, whether I go from 3G to EDGE or the way around, my traffic reports go to "error" a lot, not knowing if I'm still getting score.

I'm #5 on my country, always competing with friends...

Regards,

Well that's pretty cool, I don't get out to drive much, so I don't get to use Waze as much, so I can't go up in the rankings that fast.
Verizon BlackBerry Storm
jonprivate

Next

Return to Official announcements