Incorporating tweets onto waze

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderators: Jackson, krankyd, Unholy

Incorporating tweets onto waze

Postby The Fej » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:06 pm

In the upcoming version, waze will take Twitter integration a step further, as this version will feature geo-tagged tweets right on the waze map. This means that if someone tweets that they’re stuck in traffic, it will appear almost immediately on the waze map with a road report pin along with a little ‘t’ icon to indicate that the report came from Twitter. Incorporating tweets onto the waze is going to expand our coverage of real-time road events significantly, plus, the coolest part is that the Twitter integration functions two ways – once you input your Twitter details under ‘Settings’, you’ll be able to respond directly to tweets (on waze and Twitter, simultaneously) by commenting on the road report, turning waze, essentially, into an on-the-go Twitter client.

So what we need is traffic related tweeting services in the various states and/or countries that we can tap into them and add their relevant information. If you are aware of such services, please list them here in this thread and we'll check to see how to add them.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Re: Incorporating tweets onto waze

Postby The Fej » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:29 am

Overall, we are looking for geo-tagged twits since they are the easiest to attach to the map. This is an experiment and we will see how it behaves and adjust once we can more experiance.
Having a general location (which we might not have in the map) or using commercial sites is not planned as it will necessitate a lot of post processing that for time being we want to avoid.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

Re: Incorporating tweets onto waze

Postby TynieDancer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:55 am

Hi all! I'm still a little new to waze and I love it although we don't have many wazers here in Indiana. I'm trying to spread the word. Here is what I've found for Indiana. Sorry I don't know anything about geotagging or how to tell.

http://twitter.com/IndianaDOT
http://twitter.com/TrafficWise
TynieDancer

Previous

Return to Official announcements