Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

European Map Update Schedule - Any UK update possible?

Post by coveycom
Hi

just wondered if there was any update for UK Wazer's who were hoping for base maps to have been available in May?

I'm assuming the Netherland & Belgium base maps must be nearly completed by now so any update would be great :) The European Map Schedule Thread is locked and so apologies if this info has been posted elsewhere...
coveycom

POSTER_ID:255344

Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe
iPhone 3gs Waze v 1.9.0.0
Pac-Mans Mentor :ugeek: :lol:

Post by coveycom
Thanks Avache but yes I'm aware but like Dave2084 I too have slowed up on my editing knowing that the base map was due soon-ish.

Any update appreciated, Thanks Waze.
coveycom
Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe

Post by coveycom
Thanks for the update, much appreciated :D I'll log on when I can and update the cartouche then.
coveycom
Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe

Post by coveycom
Any news on the UK update Waze? I'm driving nearly 600 miles to Scotland next weekend & was hoping the UK update might have been done by now :-/ any update appreciated Thanks :D
coveycom
Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe

Post by coveycom
Don't worry thetapeworm if you take a look at the main European Schedule post in the Announcements section, you'll see that you won't lose any points "when" the UK maps are installed, they'll just be replaced with official coordinates and you'll be able to gain more points by driving the roads to confirm they exist and have then been verified.

The delay is very frustrating and any update Waze would be appreciated :D
coveycom
Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe

Post by coveycom
Hi Fellow UK Wazers,

I've been in touch with Waze via their Twitter Account (@waze) and I've been updated regarding the UK Base Maps, it's not the response we all want but it's a response nonetheless...as follows:

“@waze: @Coveycom Checked in on UK basemaps. The response is that we are waiting for many things to happen which is delaying the process.”

Followed by:

“@waze: @Coveycom Looks like it will take us some time to use them. I'm afraid that's all I have"

Like I said...it's not the answer we'd of liked but at least we know where Waze is at.... I'd like to see the map installed so I can recommend the app to more friends & get more users using the service.
coveycom
Send a message
Area Manager Wannabe

Post by Dave2084
I've been wondering this too ... since the update was due to start in May I slowed up my map editing. Sadly nothing has happened and here we are a month later with no announcements from the Waze team.

Please don't leave us in the dark. If it's going to be days/weeks/months that's fine but it would be nice to know so I can get on with map editing.

Also ... since iOS4 is out today for iPhone, when can we expect to see a multitasking version of Waze (assuming it's possible). A new version would be most welcome as v1.9.0.0 is not at all stable on iPhone with frequent crashes and has an annoying orientation bug (for those who use it an landscape mode) that manifests after every call or crash.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by hailstorm
Is the UK map still on track for this month (August)?
hailstorm
Send a message

Post by leocylau
Any news :?: Now it is end of September. It seems that there is still no update on the UK map :cry:
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by leocylau
thetapeworm wrote:
Mozstar wrote:Hmmm i keep expecting this to happen, and then nothing....

its like we are in limbo....

i dont want to do any edits to the map in fear of all my work being overwritten anyhow with this impending update. :?:
Having spent a full week creating most of my area from scratch I'll be rather annoyed if this does happen, enough to go back to TomTom and Google Maps on my device in frustration :)
Waze has some good functions TomTom, Google Maps and Nokia Ovi Maps don't have (not yet ;) ) That's why I'm still using it. But waze can't update the map in short period. There is no point for us to use it. Apprecipate that Waze can update us shortly.
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator