Embedding house numbers fix

Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Embedding house numbers fix

Postby FrisbeeDog » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Still having issues with house numbers not sticking after approval.

Support: I sent you a PM with details.
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog

Postby weeezer14 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Out of the 10's of addresses I put in, only 2 became approved. I re-approved old ones and added new ones yesterday (old ones point south and new ones point north for some reason).

https://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6& ... TTFFFFTTTT
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Postby TK80866 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Now the dash in the housenumbers and I can finally add housenumbers also :D
Area Manager Oahu, HI | BMW X5 Driver | Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.6.32.9 / Waze Beta 2.3.99.116 User
Join the waze_Hawaii group and follow @waze_Hawaii on Twitter!
TK80866

Postby krankyd » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 pm

RallyChris wrote:What needs to be done to fix ones that fail validation because of bad house numbering at the end of the segments? Or better yet, how do we fix 0 house numbers at the end of segments?

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

I presume that this one is red because the updated house number is not between 0 - 9310

Hi Chris - the range of the street is ignored in the new house number scheme.
The problem here is that there's another house number (which was already approved) down the street. The azimuth and street are the same for the red house number, but its right_addr is odd (7143) rather then even below (9458).
Here's the one that was approved: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT
If you change this one, it should also fix the new house number (which is currently in red).

thanks
wazing like a hurricane
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby FrisbeeDog » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm

krankyd wrote:
RallyChris wrote:What needs to be done to fix ones that fail validation because of bad house numbering at the end of the segments? Or better yet, how do we fix 0 house numbers at the end of segments?

http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

I presume that this one is red because the updated house number is not between 0 - 9310

Hi Chris - the range of the street is ignored in the new house number scheme.
The problem here is that there's another house number (which was already approved) down the street. The azimuth and street are the same for the red house number, but its right_addr is odd (7143) rather then even below (9458).
Here's the one that was approved: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=6&l ... TFFFFFTTTT
If you change this one, it should also fix the new house number (which is currently in red).

thanks

Can you check the numbers in the PM I sent? The are all logical (even vs. odd on the same side of the street) and are all accurate.
Level 6 Editor
Country Manager: US
Area Manager: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and Surrounding Areas of North Carolina
FrisbeeDog

Postby TK80866 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:36 am

Well.. I don't know if it is me but about a week ago, when the message came that it was fixed, I re-approved a couple of house numbers that were still red, they turned white and when I checked again today, they were red again..

The location is here: http://www.waze.com/cartouche/?zoom=5&l ... TFFFFFTTTT

Any idea what the reason for this could be?

And yes, I still need dashes to be added to housenumbers, but at the time I added these, I figured to add housenumbers so people could at least have a way to navigate, just by using the housenumbers without dashes. The dash missing couldn't be why they got turned back red by the system because there are a couple of blue ones and they should have been denied as well in that case.

edit: and no, this is not the best work, I've been meaning to re-allign everything and continue once the dashes in housenumbers would be available.. thing is, however, back when I added these numbers, I did not have any aerials available and I was working with google maps next to me, so mostly just by guessing where the houses exactly were.
Area Manager Oahu, HI | BMW X5 Driver | Samsung Galaxy S / Android 2.6.32.9 / Waze Beta 2.3.99.116 User
TK80866

Postby deeggo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:26 am

House numbers will not be accepted and turn blue, if the Waze server´s logic doesn´t understand the way it´s numbered. You should send an e-mail to alpha@waze.com to let them take a look at it.

I had a problem with a street that was numbered like this (*** is the road).

80, 78 <<<<<<<<<<---------- 64, 62
30, 32 ---------->>>>>>>>>> 58, 60

Waze support is looking into it, to see if they must adjust the logic.
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby TK80866 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:27 am

Ok, Ill send them an email instead.. kinda thought they would be seeing it here as well lol :)

Kind odd it has to have logic.. I have seen so many examples in my life before where streets and their housenumbers didn't have any logic... it should be possible, imho, to place any housenumber on any spot of the road.
TK80866

Postby zottel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 pm

svache wrote:it should be possible, imho, to place any housenumber on any spot of the road.

Yes, definitely. In Germany, there are many very small villages where there are no street names at all, only house numbers. In these cases, the house numbers are spread over the village in no real order at all, simply in the order when the house was built. It's currently impossible to add these to waze.
zottel

Postby zottel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:32 pm

svache wrote:it should be possible, imho, to place any housenumber on any spot of the road.

Yes, definitely. In Germany, there are many very small villages where there are no street names at all, only house numbers. In these cases, the house numbers are spread over the village in no real order at all, simply in the order when the house was built. It's currently impossible to add these to waze.
zottel

PreviousNext

Return to Official announcements