Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

Android Version 2.0.0.1 is up in the Android Market

Post by The Fej
update:
we understand there are some issues with the latest release (freeze / crashes on phones running Android 2.2)
We are currently working on fixing and will hopefully release a new version today.
In the meantime, if you'd like to revert to version 1.9 you can download it from http://m.waze.com
Sorry for the inconvenience.

=========

Earlier today we released 2.0.0.1 to the Android Market, after extensive efforts with the assistance of many of you.
The version focus is on stability and performance and corrects many problems that exist in the current market version.
We are aware there are still some items that need be worked upon and we encourage your feedback.
Please download that version in replacement of older versions (including various beta versions) to ensure we are aligned.
The Fej
Waze Management
Waze Management

POSTER_ID:64

Send a message

Post by unwallflower
jwaldrep wrote:I love the social aspects of this app but, I'm sorry, the routing absolutely sucks. It takes me off of 65 mph roads and puts me on 45 mph roads. It tries to take me the wrong way on freeway ramps. It does u-turns on freeways. I would not trust the routing to get me from one end of my driveway to the other. I truly am pulling for them and want this to work.
This isn't really the topic for this, but anyway:

Yes. The routing CAN suck in your area if there aren't many people using the application there yet. Waze's maps are user generated. Even if you are in an area that was lucky enough to start with a base map, base maps typically start out with most/all roads marked "no entrance".

Why it takes you off 65mph roads onto slower ones: most likely, it thinks that you can't physically drive down the 65 mph road. This is probably because it is marked "no entrance" or maybe it isn't properly connected. Waze takes you the best way it knows. If it's taking you in a way that doesn't make sense, that's because it doesn't "know" you CAN go the way that does make sense.

Why it tells you to u-turn on a freeway: likely because it thinks you can't continue down that way, for the same reasons mentioned above.

The good thing is that you obviously haven't been discouraged yet, and you want the application to work. I invite you to read the rest of the forum (like I said, this topic you posted on is totally unrelated to the issue you posted, and there is TONS of helpful information on why waze behaves the way it does in other places on this forum). Read the wiki as well. You can improve the maps in your area by editing them, and this WILL improve the routing.

I'm lucky to live in an area that has an adequate community of wazers, and the routes I take every day work perfectly. It just takes work.
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
minhgi wrote:I am not talking about flipping the phone but using ping to rotate

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :(
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by unwallflower
minhgi wrote:This version does not let you rotate the screen just zoom in and out
Rotates just fine for me. :?
unwallflower
Send a message

Post by sexyft
Does anybody know how to "show points ticker" visible in this version? (Of course it is 'on' in the general settings)
sexyft
Send a message

Post by SeDmit
cleary wrote:I was able to get version 1.9 and my HTC Wildfire is wazing happily again, If anyone else needs version 1.9, it is at getjar.com

1)Go to m.getjar.com on your phone
2)Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.
3)Enter Code: 29858 to begin download.
Today has tried the new version Waze 2.0.2.2 (http://tiny.cc/and2022)
It works on HTC Wildfire - It's cool!
SeDmit
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
WBR, SeDmit

Post by SeDmit
cleary wrote:I was able to get version 1.9 and my HTC Wildfire is wazing happily again, If anyone else needs version 1.9, it is at getjar.com

1)Go to m.getjar.com on your phone
2)Select Quick Download code on the bottom of the page.
3)Enter Code: 29858 to begin download.
Thanks, it works :)
SeDmit
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
WBR, SeDmit

Post by SeDmit
It should...I have found Waze and I have Samsung i5500 (same screen resolution of the Wildfire)
Yes, I have found
Unfortunately this version doesn't work on HTC Wildfire :cry:
I come back to version 1.9 (if I will find apk)
SeDmit
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
WBR, SeDmit

Post by SeDmit
Not found in market :(
This version support HTC Wildfire?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
SeDmit
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
WBR, SeDmit

Post by robin1979
It's because of the crappy GPS receiver in mobile phones probably. Since I have the TomTom carkit (with an external GPS receiver), I haven't had that problem. Actually, the improved GPS signal is the only reason I bought the TomTom carkit. I don't use the other functions - call me a Waze addict for getting it just for that reason...
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe