قطر

Qatar Wazers

Post by
Just want to meet Qatar wazers in this forum.

POSTER_ID:14634187

Send a message

Post by Arnoniem
I will post this here as well, since it's good to have the example here too.
The above mentioned intersection is actually not working.
Livemap routing is not making use of the correct uturns, since they trigger DPM (Detour Prevention Mech.) Converting the junction into below sample, wil fix routing.

Wrong livemap route using straight lanes:
https://www.waze.com/en/livemap?lon=51. ... t_text=Now

Livemap route not using the 2-way segment, due to DPM, but taking a route, similar to Abu Dhabi Example, which DOES work:
https://www.waze.com/en/livemap?lon=51. ... t_text=Now
Arnoniem wrote: Hi there,
I'm jumping in from the UAE, to help you out a bit.
The intersection mentioned above doesn't work , because they consist of to many segments.
The main road has a street name, and the uturn can only take 1 segment without a name (or with a different one), otherwise the routing system will think it might be an unwanted detour.

Beste solution is to cut away some of the connections, and have only 1 segment for left turns + uturns. I will post an example below, of the UAE standard intersection, which solves all those routing issues. Hope you can implement these in Qatar.
(using Junction Angle Info script (JAI) is very helpful to determine correct angles and turn instructions as shown in the image)
WME intersection Uturn Abu Dhabi wiki.png
(199.15 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Global Champ BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Coordinator Middle East
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
https://u.cubeupload.com/Arnoniem/FsnBw8.jpg

Post by BassilK
Hi everyone - I just started waze-editing in doha, and I wanted to share an idea I have for the complex signal intersections here. The problem is that it's really difficult to keep the map looking clean like how Waze wants it with all the difficult left-turns and u-turns, and that's probably why all the currently mapped intersections look really weird.

Basically my idea maintains full functionality of every single turn, still separates the left turn lanes from the straight lanes, and is made of only straight lines/4 two-way segments, with a lot of turn restrictions. If someone could check my edit for the Arab-League/Markhiya st signal it would be highly appreciated, and if this seems like a good idea then perhaps we could do the same to other signals in Doha?

This just seems to me as a more appropriate method since Waze keeps emphasizing how we're supposed to make the map simple and not necessarily conforming to satellite imagery.

Coordinates here:
51.48134 25.33500
BassilK
Send a message

Post by CafeCarlos
HEY J3TT3, What level are you?
CafeCarlos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CafeCarlos
Hi Qataruk I see some of the street youhave made. Great.

I am level one, I am having a problem with some of the locks made by J3TT3. Errors are getting posted and I can not make changes. He is an area manager, so I guess he has more priviledge in editing the map.

I think you have to contack waze for upgrading your account. But you need some experience.

qataruk wrote:Hi J3TT3 and Cafecarlos. Hope you doing fince and enjoying the weather.
I am a wazer since 2011 and still Level 1.

Who is the Area Manager? and how does the level ranking works?
CafeCarlos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CafeCarlos
Hello welcome to the forum
CafeCarlos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CafeCarlos
I saw your name on the map. Nice work. The edits and the additions of places looks good
CafeCarlos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CafeCarlos
1 - The Intersection: It looks good, and could be used for intersections without u-turns. The u-turn is common here as the main roads are divided. Have you tested the u-turn at that intersection. Sorry I have not seen this post before now.

2- Weather is cooling off, I think, so Good times. I am an area manager for Al Khor area, and I think Ulle is are manager for all of Qatar or Just Doha.) There could be other people. Because most of the map is lvl 1 I have not needed much time to communicate with an Area manager.

3. The ranking system is searchable in the forums, but the short answer is that it relates to the points you have editing the map. You can find your points on the map editing window on the left side. How many points do you have?
CafeCarlos
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by enhket
Moved to the Qatar subforum.
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by fawaz4422
qataruk wrote:Hi J3TT3 and Cafecarlos. Hope you doing fince and enjoying the weather.
I am a wazer since 2011 and still Level 1.

Who is the Area Manager? and how does the level ranking works?
same here
fawaz4422
Send a message