Waze Forum 2.0 is coming your way...

As announced this year at many community meetups, we are very excited to share that, in the coming months, the Waze Community Forum will be moving to a shiny new home and get a super Wazey facelift! Follow this board to get updates and info on the transition.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Waze Forum 2.0 is coming your way...

Postby vince1612 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 am

Due to some technical difficulties and a recent change within staff teams, this project is on temporary hold and no progress is currently being made AFAIK. Once the new person in charge gets up to speed we may get an update and things may start moving again, but not clear ETA on when that might be.
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kyhtak » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Will the "Birthdays" feature be part of the new Forum? (I hope!) It's been really fun sending birthday wishes to editors around the world this past year (and I've made some new friends in the process!) and I'd really like to be able to continue that once the new Forum is up and running.
kyhtak
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby vince1612 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:02 am

I checked by trying to edit my own profile and there seems to be no field to input a birthday date.

I guess that will mean no more Discord invites by PM on people's birthdays. :lol:

At least IF we switch to Lithium, and IF they don't add it until we do. ;)
[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby paulogustavoPI » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 pm

vince1612 wrote:Due to some technical difficulties and a recent change within staff teams, this project is on temporary hold and no progress is currently being made AFAIK. Once the new person in charge gets up to speed we may get an update and things may start moving again, but not clear ETA on when that might be.

It seems that the chances of Lithium failing to see the sunshine are strong ... I would like to understand the reason for this withdrawal.
- Problems migrating content and phpbb users to Lithium?
- Or problems with Lithium itself?
If the problem is the migration from phpbbb to Lithium, I do not think that it would be that important.
We could keep phpbb as a read only resource, and Lithium would be an opportunity to start over, with just the really relevant information. (The really important stuff could be manually selected and summarized before the launch by volunteers)
I think we should no longer remain suffering from the lack of phpbb resources. It would be much better a fresh start even if the old data is not used.
If the staff understands that it is not safe to make the debut of Lithium to the whole world at once, I suggest that a country be chosen to be the "guinea pig". :mrgreen:
Paulo Gustavo
Teresina - Piauí - Brasil
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
paulogustavoPI
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to The New Waze Forum - Info and Updates