Road categories in Kuwait

Moderator: MapSir

Re: Road categories in Kuwait

Postby houstonmg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi, great idea, en the next link are the same clasification but thats use around the world.

https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/How_to_label ... ads_(Spain)
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Road_types/USA

BR
MG
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.

houstonmg
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Road categories in Kuwait

Postby IMDashti » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:48 am

Hi everybody,

Every editor knows that Waze provides its own categories for roads. The question is how to fit such categories with the types of roads we have here in Kuwait? I came up with some classification which I need your comments about. In the classification, I refer frequently to "obstacles" by which I mean road features that inhibit speed such as speed bumps, traffic lights, roundabouts, u-turns etc. Here is the classification:

Freeway: Any road with speed limit of at least 100km/h, no less than three lanes in any direction, and no obstacles (eg. King Fahd ibn Abdulaziz Road, or Ghazali Road).

Major Highway:
- Any road of speed limit of at least 100km/h with less than three lanes in any direction and/or obstacles (eg. some parts of First Ring Road where it is only two lanes wide).
- Any road of speed limit less than 100km/h, no less than three lanes in any direction, and no obstacles (eg. Fourth Ring Road).

Minor Highway: Any road of speed limit less than 100km/h, no less than three lanes in any direction, but with obstacles (eg. Third Ring Road).

Primary Street:
- Any road of speed limit less than 100km/h, and two lanes in any direction.
- Any road of speed limit less than 100km/h, and one lane in any direction with constructed separation between the two directions.

Street: Any road of speed limit less than 100km/h with one lane in any direction with no constructed separation between the two directions.

Waiting for your comments.
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager

Return to Kuwait