الكويت

Map Editing Kuwait City

Post by Meshari-
Hello Kuwait Editors,

I just came from a trip to the Philippines and I must say, if we reach %25 of that community we would have the best community around here, I see a lot of wazers when I drive around but there are a lot of work to be done here, with not so many roads, specially regarding the Speed Cameras as there has been a lot of reports of genuine cameras that are not presented in real life, all those reports are approx. within 1100 meters of real cameras locations.

Also Area names tend to be wrong or placed in the wrong areas and I try to fix as much as possible but with a very little tools I have as a Level 1 user, it is definitely not a nice experience to edit maps, I went through 48 edits just now that I was not able to save to an error, I tried to work around the way I edited the maps but with no luck.

With the number of constructions Kuwait is going through right now and google imagery not being updated to cater the changes, It is rather difficult to use the navigation on Waze.

Any tips of how to be able to change my editing premissions, would be appreciated, thanks!
Meshari-

POSTER_ID:16893554

Send a message

Post by enhket
Hello and Welcome!

For the time being, go to this form to request permissions:
enhket
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/6b/W ... _0M_6c.png
Christopher C. Enhket
Languages: Español, English, Français, Português.
Coordinator, Beta editor/Editing expert, Campeón.
Communities established: 8

Post by IMDashti
I agree with you that Kuwait needs so much work, but it is not a solution to jump to higher permissions without doing your own work. I now accumulated more than 11,000 edits by doing serious job:
- Drawing almost half of Sulaibekat.
- Drawing most of Doha and Sulaibiya.
- Drawing most of Khairan.
- Detailing a whole block in Salmiya and Ali al-Salem.
- Drawing so many parking lots around Kuwait.
- Realigning many streets with imagery.
- Adding names to streets in Block 10, Sabah al-Salem, and going on in adding house numbers.
- And more...
In many cases, I drove long distances to check problems and try to resolve them appropriately.

If you encounter errors, you should know why they are happening and resolve them. I noticed some of your edits and found for example that you add streets without fixing route permissions to allow practical utilization of the street you just drew. I hope you take care of your work and be patient in building up your contributions to enhance the map in Kuwait. Good luck.
IMDashti
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by WaZrMan_KW
I'm with you guys .... We will make the State of Kuwait, shining its light in waze maps
WaZrMan_KW
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message