Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Qui potete segnalare tutti i problemi di routing che incontrate durante la navigazione con Waze

Not optimal routing in Italy

Post by lnorlin
Hi! Im a frequent Waze user and editor and would like to have some input in identifying why and how the following irregularity can be fixed.
I live in Sweden but have just come back from vacation in Italy. In Italy I used Waze and found that the following irregular routing is made. I managed to avoid it as I have traveled the area earlier.

This routing fault occur both in the Browser as in the Android App.
Start destination is "La Villa" in Badia, Italy and destination is the Marco Polo airport in Venice.
https://www.waze.com/sv/livemap?zoom=17 ... t_text=Now
This routing is ineffective and gives a route via Arabba with at least 30 min longer than needed travel time. (Not so good when trying to catch a flight :-)

If I do a route from "La Villa" to a "passed town" in the above route to compare with, in this case Cortina d'Ampesso I get the shortest and fastest route via SP24 & SP37. (The one I want to travel also in the End2end route)
https://www.waze.com/sv/livemap?zoom=9& ... t_text=Now

Why is Waze giving me the more than 30 min longer route via Arabba (SR48) when searching for a optimum End2End route?

How should I report this? To the Italian forum? Or is this a more general routing problem in Waze?
PS

If I reverse the route I get the right routing withe the Arabba route as an optional route.

/Best regards
Lars
lnorlin

POSTER_ID:16900087

Send a message

Post by Albpetri65
AndreaDFC wrote:Hi!Thank you for your report. I need some time to check the route. As soon as I've finished, I will update you.
I had the same problem with more or less the same route Alberto
Albpetri65
Send a message

Post by AndreaDFC
Hi!Thank you for your report. I need some time to check the route. As soon as I've finished, I will update you.
AndreaDFC
Send a message

Post by AndreaDFC
I have just changed a road from primary street to minor highway: this action should solve your problem.
Thank you very much for your report!
If you come back in Italy, I will happy to assist you more and more :)
AndreaDFC
Send a message

Post by lnorlin
Hi AndreaDFC!

Thanks for taking a look at this....but the not optimal routing is still made by Waze.
Attached are a two screen dumps showing the routing error as of today.

Best regards
Lars
lnorlin
Send a message
Attachments

Post by lnorlin
Hi,

Waze just gave me the optimal route.....
Thanks for the help.

/Best regards
Lars
lnorlin
Send a message
Attachments