Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze can't find route

Post by JefVanLaer
Hi all,

I am planning a vacation from Belgium to Slovenia with some friends, and I'd like to use Waze to navigate there. However, when I try to find a route (both on website and in the app) between Leuven, Belgium and Tolmin, Slovenia, it says no route can be found. If I search for a route from Leuven, Belgium to Salzburg, Austria, and then from Salzburg, Austria to Tolmin, Slovenia, that works without problem.

Does Waze have a problem with very long travels? Or is this something else? I'd prefer not to recalculate too often during the trip to keep my roaming costs down a bit...

Thanks in advance,
Jef
JefVanLaer

POSTER_ID:17019290

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Yes, Waze has several limits that effect long distance routing. 1) The straight line distance between your origin & destination (not sure what that distance is on the ROW server) 2) The travel time for the straight line vs the travel time for the driving distance and 3) Total number of segments crossed.

You are probably running into the first limit.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by drosjekusk
I have that problem on way shorter routes than a 1000 (1600 km, right?). I'm trying to get a 1300 km route, and the app always claims no contact with the server or something similar.
drosjekusk
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message

Post by MarmotaMRM
Hello,

Thank you Andy for the answer.
I have the same problems for a router that is over 1000 miles long.

Regards,
MRM
MarmotaMRM
Send a message