Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze Not Finding Road in Hixson, TN

Post by GRoddy259
A few months ago, Waze stopped finding a road on the way to my residence. It's called Pitts Road in North Hixson, TN just outside of Chattanooga, TN. Waze now routes us far out of the way since it doesn't acknowledge Pitts Road even though it used to use that road to get to our house. This needs to be changed as there are many houses off of Pitts Road.
GRoddy259

POSTER_ID:17936160

Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Howdy and thanks for your message. Is this Pitts Rd that connects Old Dayton Pike to Levi Rd? Assuming that is a road in the route to your house can you describe where the app is telling you to go? We volunteers are happy to dig in but your detail you are getting in routing will tell us a great deal more.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kyhtak
Hi!

I'm a local (to the greater Chattanooga area) volunteer map editor.

I just tried routing to a couple of addresses on Levi Rd (a little beyond the end of Pitts Rd) from my house about 40 miles away in south Bradley County, and it routes me over Pitts Rd just fine.

I will say that, for any address in that area you were routing to, Waze has been pulling up (and routing to) a Google search result, not a Waze search result. I've made some adjustments in the area, which should enable Waze to find Waze search results, but it could take up to a week or 10 days for the changes to take effect. (It's usually only a day or two, but there are times . . . )

Give it a few days, clear your search history, home address, and anything you have saved as a Favorite, and try routing there again. If you still have problems getting a correct route, please let us know!

Kathy
kyhtak
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message

Post by world_dm1gzqec
Waze devient incontrôlable
world_dm1gzqec
Send a message