Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by rdonasco
How do get the updates i made into my device? I added area in Paranaque behind LTO but it is still just showing san vicente ferrer.
rdonasco
Send a message

Post by SEELE_01
Hi, SEELE01 here.

May forum pala for PH Wazers. ^_^
SEELE_01
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by SEELE_01
It's been silent for days at http://status.waze.com , I'm holding any edits until they've resolved the issue.
SEELE_01
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by sirmervs
hello Philippine Wazers..

i think this is a good guide for classifying our roads..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan-Philippine_Highway

Pan-Philippine Highway (Maharlika Highway / Daang Maharlika / National Highway) is the major backbone of our road networks (mula luzon, visayas hangang mindanao).. it is also known as AH26 in the Asian Highway Network..
sirmervs
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
hay salamat, nahanap ko din kayo :D

Greetings to all fellow WAZErs (Philippine Chapter)!

been using the app since December 2011 and I definitely agree it's addicting! Though I must admit I'm having a hard time convincing my friends to use WAZE due to the fact it's not totally complete (roads) for Navigation.

I've been asked why do I drive out of route or circle around the neighborhood. I just tell them to sit back and relax. I'm munching.

"Ako ang may hawak ng manibela, maupo na lang kayo diyan!"

The outcome, masmagastos sa Fuel hehehe. To a point that I suddenly burst out laughter like a madman and my companions wonder why.. because there's a CANDY up ahead my route. :lol:

I am very much looking forward working with everyone here in the forums to establish a baseline or guideline as to how we can edit, label and map out our respective communities.

reporting from the heart of Matandang Balara, Quezon City...

- SpeedDzel :idea:
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
proud member of TEAM APAC! (formerly S.E.A.)

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on Facebook

Post by SpeedDzel
dhageuk wrote:welcome... :D
recruit ka pa... hehehe...
waze is really usefull pag madaming taong gumagamit... na magcontribute sa trafik data for better routes...
kazmuth wrote:Welcome SpeeDzel, nakikita ko yung waze icon mo pag sinusundo ko yung wife ko sa technohub sa gabi :)
Thank you sirs dhageuk & kazmuth!
:D

slowly but surely, mabubuo natin ang mga lansangan. (kahit madugo hehehe)

@kazmuth: ping ping na lang ser pag makita nyo ko :)
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
Sirs,

napansin ko nga na guide lang talaga ang BING AERIAL maps at hindi siya calibrated accurately to the real routes natin based on the GPS points recorded by WAZE.

painstakingly, i try realligning our roads to the average GPS points and not to the BING AERIAL images of roads. (madugo :lol: )
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
magandang araw mga kapatid sa manibela :D

it seems WAZE is able to improve the new "map editor" bit by bit... migrating from the old cartouche editor. when i first saw the new map editor (before the new new version available today) kulang ang mga controls etc. ngayon the new new version is quite user friendly. still waiting for the new new newer version :D

aside from sirs bangus' & kazmuth's problem with city layers, i read an article from "Best Map Editing Practice"...

A) with regards to a road that traverses through several cities/towns/municipalities (e.g. MacArthur or Maharlika.. maswerte kung may wazer sa area involved but in instances na walang wazer to edit the area), binibiyak ang kalsada into segments to accommodate the labeling of the area. usually sa boundary ng 2 bayan involved.

B) with regards to labeling of roads, i started out before to label (NB) & (SB). but after reading the wiki guides, i rectified the areas i labeled (NB) to N & (SB) to S. hehehe and awaiting for the tile updates na lang din.

C) just as erap said, WAZE suggests that simplest would be best (if not better). i wish to agree with kazmuth on complete names but as waze has experienced, it clutters up our navigation apps. especially the part where the traffic reports pop up... ang hahaba ng mga pangalan that the text wraps 2 to 3 lines at times. and i do believe that our local WAZERS are able to "decrypt" the short or abbreviated names our app shows.. este mga pinapangalan natin sa mga lansangan. :lol:
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
sang-ayon po ako dito 8-)
kazmuth wrote:Hello fellow wazers, I have a few suggestions or guide as to how we should edit our roads. I've noticed that a lot of problems and update requests are due to incomplete or incorrect information on our map. A lot of these issues could be avoided if we follow the "Best Map Editing Practice" guide in the wiki (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... g_practice). Please comment or add other issues you have encountered.
Some formal guidelines - A road should be split if:
-There is at least 5 meters of non-drivable surface between directions of travel. (This means a median of some type like cement, planter boxes, trees, or just grass.
-GPS tracks show a clearly definable gap/blank area between the color-by-azimuth arrows at the 100m zoom level.
-It is an Interstate Highway (USA) or other Limited Access Highway using the "Freeway" road type.

A road should not be split because:
-There is a curb or non-drivable media less than 5m wide between lanes of travel. This means a turn lane, even a wide one, between directions of travel, does not count because it is drivable.
-There are a lot of roads intersecting which can only turn onto the nearest direction of travel.
Google Maps or other mapping source show it as a split road

Sirs, may i also suggest that we, WAZERS in the Philippines aside from following the international standards, also adopt (& adapt) our own standards. There are or there will be times that we will encounter a unique or special case that we shall have to decide upon. This is just in anticipation of these cases should "it" arise.

Abroad, in the western world when they say freeway or expressway, you can land an airplane. dito sa atin & most asian countries, naka Down size tayo. we all understand the importance of real estate. masikip na, sisiksikan pa. :D

for instance, the road arteries that emanate from Quiapo area are Rizal Ave, Quezon Blvd then Commonwealth, Magsaysay Blvd then Aurora Blvd, Ortigas Ave, Shaw Blvd etc all fan out to the North & East of the metropolis. though they average of 2 lanes (widening to 3 lanes at certain points or narrowing to 1 lane) these arteries carry heavy public utility volume though several cities/municipalities.

would everyone agree that these class/types of road be labeled as MINOR HWY and not as Primary Sts?

in instances where the road traverses through different provinces, do we agree that these be labeled as MAJOR HWY?

and that the only roads to be labeled as FWY (freeways) are the Toll Roads? Skyway, SLEX, NLEX, SCTEX, STAR, Coastal Rd. (as far as Luzon is concerned. no pun intended to our visayan and mindanao colleagues)

shall we all agree to label Fly-Overs (OPAS) Tunnels (TUNL) & Underpass (UPAS) as RAMPS for our own local distinction?

if you all will notice that looking at our waze apps (daytime) ramps (& Minor HWYs) are easily distinguished zoomed out at a certain level and zooming out further only the MAJOR HWY & FWY are visible.

ano sa palagay ninyo mga kasama. :?:
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by SpeedDzel
i do believe dhageuk's earlier link, will be very useful in labeling abbreviations.
dhageuk wrote: road abbreviations guidelines (from our friends in US)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... TRzYUhGN0E
perhaps we can adapt the 3 to 4 letter abbrevs. so that should T2T be implemented, all would be prepared. (hopefully they employ vangie instead of siri :lol: )

ALY ALLEY
AVE AVENUE
BLVD BOULEVARD
bldg BUILDING
BYP BYPASS
CSWY CAUSEWAY
CTR CENTER
Cty City
XING CROSSING
DR DRIVE
E East
EXP EXPRESSWAY
EXT EXTENSION
FWY FREEWAY
GTWY GATEWAY
HTS HEIGHTS
HWY HIGHWAY
JCT JUNCTION
MT MOUNT
Natl National
N North
OPAS OVERPASS
PKY PARKWAY
PLZ PLAZA
RD ROAD
RTE ROUTE
St. Saint
Sr Senior
SKWY SKYWAY
S South
STN STATION
ST STREET
STS STREETS
Sudiv (subd) Subdivision
TUNL TUNNEL
UPAS UNDERPASS
VLY VALLEY
VDCT VIADUCT
VILL VILLAGE
WY WAY
W West
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message