Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by xykotik
Hi to all! Just transferred from Nokia E72 w/ Garmin XT and OSM-PH map to a BB with google maps, so i searched around trying to find a decent GPS app with a detailed PH map. Saw this site, and it sounds very promising :) At once i wanted to ask if we can use OSM maps here, but saw in the FAQs that we can't, so ok, guess we're back to square one. That means, let's get tracing again! :D
xykotik
Send a message

Post by xykotik
its not enjoyable... its ADDICTING! hehehe

i'm just starting to edit Davao City, and in my opinion we should not use Highways/Minor Highways, just about in every big road, since i believe only Luzon has it, NLEX, SLEX, etc. so for the major roads i just use Primary streets, and others as streets. much easier to handle :D

I'm plotting first the primary roads, deleting any node/junction so to make one long continuos segment for the entire length of the road name (since we have lots of roads with one name on one side of a junction, then another name on the opposite side :X), then just add junctions manually for every intersection. that way connecting segments can be done systematically.

it also helps if the map is relatively bare, so there are few erratic segments, but there are some long traces which didn't coincide with any street, so i guess some pilots failed to turn off their Waze before flying :D
xykotik
Send a message