dhageuk wrote:guys, natry nyo bang magroute ng malayuan like going south or north? lagi kasi timeout sa akin e....
iceden wrote:hello fellow wazers! hope to catch you around these days.. enjoying each and every driving day with this application! by the way, may i know how one can be an area manager?
How can I become an Area Manager
To become an Area Manager, use the edit map, position the map and set the zoom level to show the area you want to manage.
First make sure you are in the correct server:
https://www.waze.com/editor (if you are in USA/ CANADA)
https://world.waze.com/editor (Rest of the world)
Click on Permalink (located at the bottom of the screen on the right side)
Then copy the address from the address bar in your browser:
Should look something like this:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... TFTTFTTTTT
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&l ... TFTTFTTTTT
Email that link to email@example.com with your Waze username and your email address and the message subject: Area Manager application request.
There can be more than one Area Manager in the same area. Areas can overlap, or be smaller or larger. And you can be the Area Manager for more than one area.
Hello fellow wazers, I have a few suggestions or guide as to how we should edit our roads. I've noticed that a lot of problems and update requests are due to incomplete or incorrect information on our map. A lot of these issues could be avoided if we follow the "Best Map Editing Practice" guide in the wiki (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... g_practice). Please comment or add other issues you have encountered.
1. Create road (whether tracing aerial images or gps points)
2. Set road type. For the road type, use your best judgement as road types have a priority during routing (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... _and_Ramps)
3. Set directionality (two way, one way, dead end) (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... 26_Locking)
4. Set the level (ground level = 0, Underpass = -1, Flyover = 1, 2, 3, etc.) (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... nderpasses)
5. Connect or create junctions (attach to existing roads). Delete unnecessary junctions as these add a 5 second penalty due to Waze's routing algorithm (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... nnectivity)
6. Set turn restrictions (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Cart ... nnectivity:)
7. Name the road, if you don't know the name, set the city, if you don't know the city leave it alone. Somebody else could edit it.
8. When naming streets, omit "City" and "Street". Eg. "Pasig City" to "Pasig" only and "Dela Rosa Street" to "Dela Rosa" only. Except when they are not "Streets" like "Kamias Road", "Aurora Boulevard", "Ayala Avenue", etc.
9. Do not split roads unless they are Expressways, Major, and Minor Highways. Even if they are Major or Minor highways, do not split them if they do not have wide median barriers. Split roads complicate routes and are harder to maintain. There is a guideline in wiki about this here http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... n_PracticeSome formal guidelines - A road should be split if:
-There is at least 5 meters of non-drivable surface between directions of travel. (This means a median of some type like cement, planter boxes, trees, or just grass.
-GPS tracks show a clearly definable gap/blank area between the color-by-azimuth arrows at the 100m zoom level.
-It is an Interstate Highway (USA) or other Limited Access Highway using the "Freeway" road type.
A road should not be split because:
-There is a curb or non-drivable media less than 5m wide between lanes of travel. This means a turn lane, even a wide one, between directions of travel, does not count because it is drivable.
-There are a lot of roads intersecting which can only turn onto the nearest direction of travel.
Google Maps or other mapping source show it as a split road
Users browsing this forum: No registered users