Philippine Wazers

Questions or problems which are country-specific should be addressed in your country forum. You will not only connect better with your local community, but you can use your native language for more convenient communication.

Moderators: adriansinger, Unholy

Re: Philippine Wazers

Postby SpeedDzel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 am

Sirs,

napansin ko nga na guide lang talaga ang BING AERIAL maps at hindi siya calibrated accurately to the real routes natin based on the GPS points recorded by WAZE.

painstakingly, i try realligning our roads to the average GPS points and not to the BING AERIAL images of roads. (madugo :lol: )
proud member of TEAM S.E.A.!

Pinoy wazers... join the Pinoy waze community on FB > Malaysia FB > Indonesia FB > Singapore FB > Thailand FB
SpeedDzel
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kazmuth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 am

Mga Sir, ni-lock ko na yung C5 at Ayala roads, sa ngayon tama na yung nasa map pero di pa nagre-reflect sa client maps natin. lagi napapalitan yung direction nung roads at turn restrictions kaya mali lagi yung routing. pag may kailangan kayo i-edit sabihan nyo lang ako para un-lock ko.

SpeedDzel wrote:Sirs,

napansin ko nga na guide lang talaga ang BING AERIAL maps at hindi siya calibrated accurately to the real routes natin based on the GPS points recorded by WAZE.

painstakingly, i try realligning our roads to the average GPS points and not to the BING AERIAL images of roads. (madugo :lol: )

hindi na calibrated tapos outdated pa yung aerials. wala yata tayo choice kasi yun lang ang available na base image. ang bagal pa mag-load ng gps points tsaka sa ibang area walang gps points kaya images lang talaga ang basis.
Waze Philippines Country Manager/ Global Champ / Coordinator
ImageImage
Join the Philippine Waze Users Facebook group
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby dhageuk » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 pm

yung yung kulang e... dapat pwede magset ng speed limit...
ay lagay pala tyo house numbers laki tulong nun e...
dhageuk

Postby DokJap091 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 am

mga sir patulong naman. i cant edit this junction at roxas blvd cor arnaiz. yung going north na node naka-red yung arrow.
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... =154312571
thanks!
DokJap091

Postby kazmuth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:29 am

Hello fellow wazers, I have a few suggestions or guide as to how we should edit our roads. I've noticed that a lot of problems and update requests are due to incomplete or incorrect information on our map. A lot of these issues could be avoided if we follow the "Best Map Editing Practice" guide in the wiki (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... g_practice). Please comment or add other issues you have encountered.

1. Create road (whether tracing aerial images or gps points)
2. Set road type (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... _and_Ramps)
3. Set directionality (two way, one way, dead end) (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... 26_Locking)
4. Set the level (ground level = 0, Underpass = -1, Flyover = 1, 2, 3, etc.) (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... nderpasses)
5. Connect or create junctions (attach to existing roads) (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... nnectivity)
6. Set turn restrictions (http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Cart ... nnectivity:)
7. Name the road, if you don't know the name, set the city, if you don't know the city leave it alone. Somebody else could edit it.
8. When naming streets, omit "City" and "Street". Eg. "Pasig City" to "Pasig" only and "Dela Rosa Street" to "Dela Rosa" only. Except when they are not "Streets" like "Kamias Road", "Aurora Boulevard", "Ayala Avenue", etc.
9. Do not split roads unless they are Expressways, Major, and Minor Highways. Even if they are Major or Minor highways, do not split them if they do not have wide median barriers. Split roads complicate routes and are harder to maintain. There is a guideline in wiki about this here http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... n_Practice

Some formal guidelines - A road should be split if:
-There is at least 5 meters of non-drivable surface between directions of travel. (This means a median of some type like cement, planter boxes, trees, or just grass.
-GPS tracks show a clearly definable gap/blank area between the color-by-azimuth arrows at the 100m zoom level.
-It is an Interstate Highway (USA) or other Limited Access Highway using the "Freeway" road type.

A road should not be split because:
-There is a curb or non-drivable media less than 5m wide between lanes of travel. This means a turn lane, even a wide one, between directions of travel, does not count because it is drivable.
-There are a lot of roads intersecting which can only turn onto the nearest direction of travel.
Google Maps or other mapping source show it as a split road
ImageImage
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby DokJap091 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 am

^great guide kazmuth! i hope all those who edit the map would read this first. i sure wish i did before i made some edits.
anyway, there is an update on the map tiles today. i hope routing would be more reliable now.
sirs, in this part of the map: http://bit.ly/xanmG4 on the phone it still shows it as "Kawit" when in fact it is "Bacoor". i already changed all the properties of the streets to bacoor but on the phone it still says kawit. ano po ba ang dapat gawin?
DokJap091

Postby kazmuth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:34 am

bangus236 wrote:^great guide kazmuth! i hope all those who edit the map would read this first. i sure wish i did before i made some edits.
anyway, there is an update on the map tiles today. i hope routing would be more reliable now.
sirs, in this part of the map: http://bit.ly/xanmG4 on the phone it still shows it as "Kawit" when in fact it is "Bacoor". i already changed all the properties of the streets to bacoor but on the phone it still says kawit. ano po ba ang dapat gawin?

most likely that some, if not most of the streets, still have "Kawit" as the city instead of "Bacoor". That's how it is in my area in Pasig, some of the streets have "San Juan" and "Marikina" instead of "Pasig". Ang ginagawa ko, iniisa-isa ko yung streets tapos pinapalitan yung City.
ImageImage
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby dhageuk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:41 pm

how about naming like, South Luzon Expressway?
Ano ba mas maganda na ipangalan? Maganda sana kung complete... South Luzon Expressway... pero the problem is masyado sya mahaba... hindi na sya nagfit sa mobile phone...
Is it ok to name it 'SLEX'? or 'S Luzon Expwy'? If ever maimplement na yung text2speech sa pinas (currently US/Canada only), 'SLEX' equals 'es el e ex' while 'S Luzon Expwy' equals 'South Luzon Expressway'
I would also suggest removing the parentheses/() when denoting NB etc.. Should be simpler like 'S Luzon Expwy N'.
I would also suggest removing first names in street or initials nalng... like 'E. Rodriguez, Jr.' para mas maikli? and ngayon paano naman yung EDSA hehehe? 'E. De los Santos Ave'?
dhageuk

Philippine Wazers

Postby kazmuth » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:12 pm

All the roads I create and rename have their complete names. If TTS would be implemented in the world server, I think it would not be that useful. Not all streets have english names and it would not pronounce the street names properly. Here in the Philippines, most of our roads are from spanish sounding names and tagalog words so TTS say them differently from how we know them. As for the long names, I don't know if it's just me but I would prefer complete names instead of initials or abbreviation. This is to avoid confusion especially for those who are unfamiliar with an area. There are not a lot of roads with long names anyway and for me it would be tolerable if it would prevent confusion on directions. These are just my 2 cents :)
ImageImage
kazmuth
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby DokJap091 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:10 am

kazmuth wrote:most likely that some, if not most of the streets, still have "Kawit" as the city instead of "Bacoor". That's how it is in my area in Pasig, some of the streets have "San Juan" and "Marikina" instead of "Pasig". Ang ginagawa ko, iniisa-isa ko yung streets tapos pinapalitan yung City.

i edited all the properties and made it bacoor even before this last update. pero kawit pa din. when i checked sa WME and clicked the city overlay, ayun nga lumalabas na part ng kawit yung area namin. i dont know how to adjust the city limits though.
DokJap091

PreviousNext

Return to Local Forums by Country (Language)