Update Request

Post by AdrianSkiski
Hi All,
Can someone help with routing please?
Somehow waze instead of routing me to Coronation Road West puts me on a street behind my condo (Jalan Sampurna) which is not connected to the destination.

Start: D'Leedon
Finish: Astrid Meadows

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&la ... t_text=Now
AdrianSkiski

POSTER_ID:17360883

Send a message

Post by AdrianSkiski
Hi David,
Thank you very much for your help.
I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days and post an update if there are any issues.

All best,
Adrian
AdrianSkiski
Send a message

Post by AdrianSkiski
Hi David,

Could you help with 2 other issues:

1. Wrong map point for address 50 Coronation Road West, it points to a road instead of the block in Astrid Meadows Condo. Block 50 can be found at the same location as the "Astrid Meadows Mini Mart & Snack Bar"

2. The internal condo road leading to block 50 where the Mini Mart from point 1 is tagged as Leedon Park: https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&la ... =103.79598 while it should be Coronation Road West. Other parts of the road are marked as Jln Sampurna https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&la ... =103.79403.

I would appreciate your help.
Adrian
AdrianSkiski
Send a message

Post by AdrianSkiski
Hi JohnDoe75,

Drivers have a lot of trouble navigating the inside condo road, especially in the evening no signs are visable. Other blocks of the condo are correctly identified on the map such as block 48 and waze is able to direct them to the block accurately hence I would appreciate your help tagging the correct block instead of the entrance of the condo.

2nd problem, I've included permlinks to the incorrectly tagged road. As you can see the internal condo road is reflected as either Leedon Park road or Jln Sampurna.

I'd appreciate your help editing these 2 issues.
Thank you,
Adrian
AdrianSkiski
Send a message

Post by AdrianSkiski
Thank you for looking into it.

Indeed on the map maker they're just parking lot roads but on live map they take on the name of the road that is near by for some reason.. Any idea why that might be? Or how to change it?

For the block number I requested a change via google maps map maker but looks like no one is using it to get the changes validated.
AdrianSkiski
Send a message

Post by Guardian-SG
Hi Adrian,

The issue was that the previous Astrid Meadows was just a Place Point on the waze map, and this point was closer to Jalan Sampurna than it was to Coronation Road West. Waze, by deafult, routes you to the closest segment (road) of your selected Place. This was why Waze routed you to Jalan Sampurna.

We have rectified this and changed Astrid Meadows to a proper Place Area instead of a Place Point. We also added the main driveways within the compound. The target end point of Astrid Meadows is now the entrance segment, so you should be routed correctly when the map tiles are updated in a few days.

Let us know if this has helped. Happy Wazing!

David
Guardian-SG
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Singapore Country Coordinator | Waze Philippines Country Manager | Team Asia Pacific
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group | Like the Waze Singapore Facebook Page
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group

Post by Guardian-SG
Hi Adrian,

We would love to help you with this issue, however, correct me if my understanding is wrong, there are no Waze Places within the condo with block numbers, therefore there is nothing to fix within Waze. Unless you are requesting for us to add new places to identify each and every block within the condo. Even if we added them, the issue would be how drivers are searching for the blocks. Are these Uber/Grab drivers who use the Uber and Grab Driver apps? I understand Uber and Grab drivers also have the option to select Waze as the navigation of choice. However, the end point still comes from the Uber/Grab app, which uses Google Maps' data, and if it is not searched within Waze itself it defeats the purpose of adding Waze Places with block numbers.

We also have no control of Google Maps and how it has mapped its buildings/addresses (despite Waze being owned by Google, Waze still operates separately in regards to its map data and map editors).
Guardian-SG
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Singapore Country Coordinator | Waze Philippines Country Manager | Team Asia Pacific
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group | Like the Waze Singapore Facebook Page
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group

Post by JohnDoe75
Odd

You should check here https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... =310391885 and here https://www.waze.com/fr/editor/?env=row ... =310391936 to see that these are tagged as parking lot roads and have no name.
Your links to the LiveMap are precise enough.

None of the blocks have an address on them and you will find two Residential POI at the entrance (48 and 50)
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message