Update Request Loewen Road

Post by RCW-SG
Could someone remove that left hand turn restriction from Loewen Road segment ID: 290253500 to Loewen Road segment ID: 290253537? Left hand turns are in fact allowed and necessary here for users to ever access segments ID 290253537 and ID 290253575.

If further detail is needed: Any directions to 71, 72, or 73 Loewen Road, Tanglin, Singapore incorrectly send users to other locations on Loewen Road, usually on Loewen Road segment ID: 290253500 or ID: 290253628, the latter of which is the end of a one way portion. I see this daily as Uber drivers attempt to pick up my children from day care. Unfortunately, the most helpful advice I can give them now is to use Google Maps, which correctly provides directions. But I am a big Waze fan, so I really hope we can fix this.

In looking at the map editor, it seems as if the map incorrectly lists left turns from Loewen Road segment ID: 290253500 to Loewen Road segment ID: 290253537. Which in turn makes Loewen Road segment ID: 290253575 incorrectly display as inaccessible.

Could someone remove that left hand turn restriction from Loewen Road segment ID: 290253500 to Loewen Road segment ID: 290253537? Thank you for your work!
RCW-SG

POSTER_ID:17404649

Send a message

Post by Guardian-SG
Hello RCW-SG,

Greetings from the Waze Singapore Community. We have amended segment ID: 290253500 as indicated in your message above. We appreciate you bringing this error to our attention. Do allow a few days for the map tiles to update before changes take effect.

We are also appreciative that you had taken the time to list the segment IDs in your message. Going forward, you can actually paste the permalink (URL) of the segments that needs to be amended so that you do not need to search for the number. You can also try editing the segments on your own! We encourage you to since you are more familiar with the area.

To do this, simply press and hold "Ctrl" on your keyboard and select/click all the segment/s you need corrected or want to edit on your own, including the adjacent segments (certain changes will not be allowed if you have no right to edit adjacent segments, then copy the link that is generated automatically by placing your mouse over the chain link icon at the bottom right of the map editor and pressing "Ctrl + C". You can then paste the link here for us to access it and lower the locks. Also, do let us know your editing rank so that we can lower it accordingly.

If you have Facebook, we actually have a Facebook group where we interact with other editors/users like yourself on a daily basis. You are invited to join us there to stay up-to-date on developments for Waze in Singapore and chat with fellow editors. We also tend to respond more quickly there. You can find the link in my signature below. :)

Thanks!

David
Guardian-SG
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Waze Singapore Country Coordinator | Waze Philippines Country Manager | Team Asia Pacific
Join us in the Waze Singapore Facebook Group | Like the Waze Singapore Facebook Page
Join is in the Waze Philippines Facebook Group

Post by RCW-SG
Thanks for the advice David! I'll check it out.
RCW-SG
Send a message