New Road at Punggol Way linking Ponggol 17th Ave

Post by fn2rr
There is a new road linking Ponggol 17th Ave to Punggol Way. It is already updated on OpenStreetMaps and also on Google maps. I have paved it multiple times and added a map issue multiple times. Each time it is closed off as "Resolved" by SGWazr who will not accept the edit BECAUSE Onemap doesn't show it yet. Since when is Waze relegated to being just a mirror of (supposedly) "Authoritative" info and ignoring the Community at large? So the open sourced mapping of this application is now just towing the Government line for "Official" "Authoritative" information and waiting for the civil servants to get off their ass to fix the map instead of taking action when there is a problem?

"SGWazr on 11.06.2017 15:16:

Just for info: 1) There is no local map editing community for Google Maps, hence, we are unable to cross check data from there. 2) OneMap is the official map resource of Singapore, as provided by the authorities. We base our editing on this, not other maps. Another way you can convince us editors is to submit a report with your GPS trace on the "new road" to prove that there is indeed such a road and is drivable.
"
fn2rr

POSTER_ID:13842083

Send a message

Post by soundwavezz
Hi fellow wazer, let me take a look at the new segments and revert.

And thanks for the constructive feedback on editors. I’ll touch base with him and provide further guidance.

Do continue to share and contribute ok?
Perhaps you may want to join our Facebook community which is a lot more active.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/187636984 ... ent_filter
soundwavezz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message